background

Friday, July 01, 2011

Five on Friday!!

1. I'm confessing to being a lazy blogger. Having a hard time getting pics on my iPad into Blogger.com. Any tips? Would love to be able to work from one device when blogging. I'll revert back to the old school Dell but loving my little Paddy.

2. I've been cutting back on Facebooking and in doing so, I've not been able to share my random thoughts that pop in my head (because I know the world cares about them... And yes I know the world). These thoughts usually rush in my noggin on the drive into work. Examples:
"I cannot possibly understand how the act of declining Mama Margies tacos doesn't present itself as an automatic calorie deducter."
Or a confession such as "I vacuumed my car for the first time since Ryan was born.". (eeks, that was tough to admit).
Or, how about a justification like this, "being a worker-outer is just not in the cards for me during this phase of my life. Perhaps when I retire.".
Or, a kid update like "Ryan no longer wants me to hover over him when he goes #2. He told me to 'Go watch your show and let me finish.'"

3. Samuel was referred for speech therapy. We had an evaluation before the evaluation (pointless) and soon after that samuel's motor turned over, and we are lovin' to imitate everything mom says. I'm totally in love with the way he says "no, no, no". It's like a "neo, ne-o, ne-o". Accent on the "ne" part, please. Oh, and pucker up your lips when saying it. Hard for us, staple for him.

4. I don't know if I mentioned this before but I won an iPad while at a work event in Denver. Remember, rod just won one not three weeks earlier. So, we gave our second iPad to the Arnolds, who in turn booked two flights for Ryan and I to head out there. I'm so excited Ryan will have time with his cousins. The Solace kiddos will still be there so I'm beyond thrilled to be a part of such a beautiful, humbling and ..... Oof, So many words but can't fully describe it without clouding such an amazing _________ with a bunch of adjectives. so, let me just say, thank you Lord for giving me the opportunity to be a part of Solace again!

5. Kid updates: Ryan of course is still showing off his mad swimming skills, even to all the neighborhood swim team kids in their matching speedos. Oh jenny and stace... Our glory days. Kim, we killed the other neighborhoods with our medley relay!!!

Jenny got Ryan a Fedora hat from Seattle, and Ryan has worn it to school everyday.

I've got samuel's food preferences figured out. He does not "dig" bland foods (like Ryan and I). He wants the savory, poor on the sauce kind of food. You could throuh marinara sauce on a pancake and he would love it. He doesn't care for buttered noodles, French fries without ketchup, toast... Think savory. So what works well for this packaged-food-meals-mom are the Chef Boyardee cups of rigatoni, lasagna, raviolis. Score!! And a packaged cup of manderaine oranges. (confession #2 in this post).




Samuel

5.

3 comments:

Ashley and Matt Sheehan said...

you need to literally google blogger apps for ipad and see what pulls up and then search in your apps section for that..txt me if that doesnt,make sense

Wencked said...

hmmm our youngest have similar food tastes it seems. Archer ate hummus on a cupcake one night this week. He also loves chips in salsa...even hotter salsa than i would normally eat.

Brooke said...

BlogPress App. Get it. It will make your Pad blogging muy bueno. Works on the iPad and iPhone. Have you also gotten the connector for your iPad to download pictures straight from your camera to you Pad??? Sold at the Apple Store. Do it. Do it.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Labels

Blog Archive