1. First, Happy Royal Wedding day!!! I have been dying for this day to be over with b/c I'm so tired of the coverage. I don't care how they make the gloves that Kate Middleton wears. I didn't care that her mom chewed gum at some royal function. THEN, when I woke this morning, I realized I had missed history. It was then that I cared. So, frantically (while telling Ryan we will NOT be watching his show) I turn on the t.v. to see William and Kate walking out of the church. Calmly, I explain to Ryan that we need to watch the kiss on the balcony. And, we did. And ,it was lovely. Kate is so cute! You could tell she was trying so hard to soak in what she was seeing. And, her little smirk after their second kiss... so darn cute!
2. Rod and I are going back to the Biltmore Wednesday!!!! I'm soooo ready for my lazy days poolside! I will have to take a break from lounging in the sun to have my spa day!!! I'm looking for good books to read while my feet are up. Please comment!
3. Ryan's birthday party is coming up. He's certain that he wants a giant transformer to be there and a roller coaster. Maybe I can throw Poppy in a Transformer costume to stomp around in the backyard. Mom, pitch the idea to Dad. If he loves his grandson, he would.... Roller coaster?? Next year.
4. It's with great saddness that I announce the death of my rose bushes. I sprayed weed killer at the bottom of them as those pesky things were ruining the roses' image. A week later, I noticed that all of my roses were dead as a door nail. How could this be???? The leaves are still green, but EVERY SINGLE rose bloom... lifeless. Holding on to hope that they just ran their cycle of life and will be back. Tips, Brooke or Kim???
5. Samuel is a full on climber. He can climb onto our raised bed, onto our bathroom sink (help of a stool), into any bathtub, up the stairs, and any play structure that isn't good for a 1.5 year old. I hid Rod's golf club on top of the shower door to get it out of reach, and as you can guess, he tried to get himself up there to fetch it. Speaking of "fetching", he's part Retriever. The boy could fetch a ball for hours if you'd let him. (or, if you had the mental compacity to do so).
Have a great weekend!!!!
background
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
Blog Archive
- September (1)
- June (2)
- May (2)
- March (2)
- February (2)
- January (2)
- December (3)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (3)
- August (8)
- July (9)
- June (4)
- May (5)
- April (4)
- March (5)
- February (1)
- January (3)
- December (1)
- November (4)
- October (3)
- September (3)
- August (4)
- July (4)
- June (1)
- May (3)
- April (4)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (3)
- December (5)
- November (5)
- October (4)
- September (6)
- August (9)
- July (8)
- June (7)
- May (5)
- April (5)
- March (3)
- February (4)
- January (10)
- December (6)
- November (7)
- October (11)
- September (7)
- August (7)
- July (7)
- June (6)
- May (8)
- April (5)
- March (9)
- February (8)
- January (12)
- December (8)
- November (12)
- October (9)
- September (10)
- August (15)
- July (16)
- June (5)
- May (6)
- April (7)
- March (4)
- February (4)
- January (5)
- December (7)
- November (10)

6 comments:
They aren't dead! Just pinch the dead heads off. I've noticed all of the roses that bloomed early are losing their blooms but if you pinch them off, new ones will grow back. Mine did the same thing and, low and behold, blooming today!
Have a fab time at the Biltmore! I just finished The Hunger Games and am on book #2. Recommended if you need a good, quick read - and so what if it was written for middle school kids :)
hilllllllllarious. you could/should write a book Jezzka ..or a funnies column. I'd subscribe
Biltmore YEEHAW!!!
You can make the roller coaster happen, come on Jess;)
We don't need no stickin' roses!
Love and miss you!
OK, Russ loves them to death, but the transformer is not happening. Use Rose Defense or something that kills "Thrip". They get inside the bloom and eat it until it drops. Do I need a net over Samuel's bed? Im just thinking ahead a little:)
Ha ha, Mimi, now if I were going to be in town you and I could dress up as some kind of a transformer, ya think? Actually, I only know about Disney princess and Cars and Thomas the Train but seems he's changed direction in the toy line. Hummm!I'll have to get a book on transformers. I know nothing about them.
A funny's column!! That's funny Ashley. She could do it with that crew.
Glad you ended up enjoying the wedding. History! If you want to know anything about it just call me I have been there learning about all the event planning and then the final wedding day with tea and English muffins.
Don't let Sammy bungee from the upstairs.
Just what Brooke said, dead head them! It will keep them blooming! As for spraying weed killer, if you are spraying near plants you want to live, you can also "paint" the killer direcly on the weed you want to die if you don't want to dig them out. My neighbors would call the police on me if they saw me using weed killer so I get a good arm/back workout every spring & summer :).
I also second the Hunger Games series. PERFECT for lounging around by a pool with a cocktail. Have fun!
Post a Comment