background

Friday, April 22, 2011

April - Donate Life Month!!!

April is National Donate Life Month!!!  And, happens to be the same month that San Antonio celebrates FIESTA!!!!  How to incorporate the two? 

Introducing Ryan's Donate Life Texas shoebox float for CHUMs fiesta parade!!!

Big man on campus!

Of course I have to make this post about me.  So, last year I dropped of Ryan for school and noticed all the kids' floats for their fiesta parade.  HAD NO IDEA!  I cried and cried my whole way to work.  I went into my office and immediately my staff came in to see what in the world was going on.  I explained that my child didn't have a float for the parade.  I had no time to make one b/c I had meetings all day. 

Not five minutes later, I had two of my employees walk in with a box and construction paper.  Both of whom are moms themselves.  (of course).  So, I quickly got on the phone to find out what time the parade started.  And, what I feared was true... they were starting in five minutes.  UGH.  Heavy heart. 

SOOOOOO, this year!  Auntie Jenny to the rescue b/c this time I was procrastinating!  She let Ryan and I head to NIOSA and she worked on his amazing float!  We had gone to the Cavaliers River Parade and each float had a cause.  So, that's what we did!  We dedicated our float to promoting organ donation. 

 Ryan LOVED his float!  LOVED it!  His sweet face was so precious when we walked into the kitchen and on the table was his very own float!!!



To register to be an organ donor, go to www.donatelifetexas.org or if out of the state, go to www.donatelife.net

Every 13 minutes, a new name is added to the national transplant waiting list.  Every day, 17 people die waiting for a life-saving organ transplant. 

4 comments:

Nicole Svendsen said...

awe, that is awesome Jessica. I actually remember your post from last year about not having a float for Ryan so glad your crafty sister was able to help out this year:)

Pam said...

Well, I'm a weeping mess! Your words, your story and the pictures are just to much for me. Even though I knew the story I still just felt the emotion flood all over me. It's part of being a mom/grandma.

1st for my daughter then grandson. But happy ending this year and that is what's important. Just remember how you went from feeling so devastated to the joy of his precious face when he saw the float and paraded "HIS" float around the school.

You are an amazing mom and you do so much more in the bigger picture of your childrens lives. You'll see that one day.

Anonymous said...

What a great post. I adore the first picture where he's gazing at his float and the other kids are smiling at the camera. So precious.

You are one great mom, friend, daughter, and sister. We're all lucky to have you - especially those boys of yours!

Love you.

mimi tootle said...

Jenny, what a super float! Ryan is so thrilled.......his face tells the story. Thanks for making his day special.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Labels

Blog Archive