For a three year old, not much. My bar stools came in, and Ryan purchased his first home, all for the price of a whole lotta nada! We had this box in our house for a few days with not a lot of interest. Jenny came over for the weekend, and asked Ryan if the box was his fort. His reply, "No, it's for the chairs." See, the box isn't bright red, blue or yellow. It doesn't flash, choo choo, or rock. It doesn't go into a DVD player, and doesn't have the scent "chocolate" in it. So, it was really of no interest to him. Jenny was appauled. So...voila! We have a window.
Ryan goes, "This is my new house." Now, let's get real, you must have a friend, sister, or auntie that has the gift of decorating when you purchase a home. So, as windows were made, and a door framed Ryan literally said, "We need to decorate it."
Give Sammy a break. He can't read yet. Samuel was just as excited as Ryan. It was really cute. I'll get real... He's just excited to be outside.
It's all about who you know...
So, as Ryan got his PJs on, the adults (Mimi, Pop Pop, Jenny, Rod and I) thought it would be funny to say "night night" and start walking him outside to his "new house" for bed time. We were all a little surprised when Ryan was completely agreeable, and sort of had the look of "Yep, that's right. My new house." So, we all headed out with him for his big night in his new home. Ha. I laugh b/c he looks terrified in the picture below.
I think he's starting to question his enthusiasm.
In we go. Jenny told him a story, and it was "lights out" for his Thomas the Train flashlight, but Glowworm could stay on, as often as he hit the belly. (which was A LOT... every time it went out, he'd hit it again). So, all the adults headed back inside after we fare-welled him to his new home. Okay, so here is where my mommy-anxiety came in. "Is he going to feel abandoned? Will he sense we've left him for dead in the cold? Will he remember this day as the day Mom thought it was a good idea for me to sleep in a box?"
He's pretty psyched, confused, cold....
But, I quickly went back inside to enjoy the warmth of my home. And, to take a picture so you can see where his house is in relation to ours. Mommy anxiety couldn't take it. He wasn't crying, shouting, or anything. I thought, could he actually fall asleep out t here, and we have to carry him in for the night??? Well, I couldn't take it, so I went out there. How you see him in the pic above is how I found him. Sucking his thumb.
I knocked on the door to see if he wanted to come inside. He had a HUGE smile on his face. Not because he was getting to head inside. It was a smile of pride that he "did it". He "slept" outside. It was so sweet. He was loving his house. The smile actually started at the point that Jenny broke ground on the front door.
Next day, he continued unpacking and decorating his home.
I love this picture below. He and I set up for a puzzle and a bag of popcorn! We were outside all weekend. And, I LOVED it!!!!
Side note: I'm going to start taking pictures of our yard. I'm now a full on gardening addict. I don't feel like gardening is the right word though. I'm full on pulling weeds, trimming bushes, branches, you name it. I'm LOVING it. It's soooo therapeutic for me.

5 comments:
SO cute! What fun and it looks like the new little home kept Ryan busy for awhile. Auntie Jenny is such a fun aunt!
Great story. Made me laugh all over again...he can be so much fun.
Alright Ryan! What a big boy. You'll have to post details about your yard. I'm on a mission to get our front beds and entire back in order and have no clue what I'm doing so I'll take any tips or pointers.
TOO FUN!!!! Can't wait to see your yard! You have a GREAT yard to play with!! Love the box pics! Don't you love when you can find something they enjoy for hours that does not start with a t and end with a v?
Love you
I love it! What a neat experience for him. He's such a big boy. Your back patio is perfect for being outside all the time. I cannot wait to see pictures of your yard. I'm antsy for gardening season, myself!
Post a Comment