background

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1.  Ryan's "new home" is not sprinkler-system proof.  Nor, is it still with us.
2.  Mommy's "no", means Samuel's "yes".  And, this is loads of fun.  Yea Me!
3.  I just finished shopping for Ryan's summer clothes.  His last round was purchased almost two years ago.  (We just don't grow too quickly.)  He's set now... no more tiny 18 mos t-shirts being stretched in all directions to fit him. 
4.  Samuel had his second surgery of his life to replace his left tube.  For which he came out with two brand new, shiny tubes.  (one in each ear).  The Versed made him a crazy-monster after he woke up.  His crib was the safest place b/c he wanted to walk around, without assistance, while in his drunken state. 
5.  I think this is the Summer that swimming will "click" for Ryan!  And, Samuel will think it clicked for him.  We tested him with Mimi and Pop Pop's super cool pool.  He was willing to walk right in. 
6.  I have flowers in my yard!!!!!  I'm so excited.  Just a few, but I totally want to take credit for it!!!  Brooke, I'm still in the weeding, trimming, raking stage of this "gardening thing".  But, we can try to figure it out together!
7.  Sammy says "Mama" the CUTEST I've ever heard.  He shouts it. 
8.  I was recently in the "Working Mom Guilt-Gut Wrenching Anxiety" mode that I had to take control of.  Here's how I did it:
    a.  The obvious - prayer 
    b.  Became a sister with The Sister Project  (and the timing of this couldn't be more perfect
    c.  I now put my phone/emails/tv away while I'm home with the kids and they are awake.  (except   when the Bachelor is on)
    d.  Gardening   (so darn theraputic)
    e.  Giving myself a freakin' break. 
9.  I've gotten this question A LOT lately.  "So, what about a third?"  To that, I say "I'm 95% sure we're done."  Unless the Lord has other plans for us, and wants to shower our home with pink, we're out.  But, I do hang on to that 5%, and won't officially decide until Samuel is three. 
10.  Ryan watched Bambi for the first time last night.  (Working on my DVD Blu-ray Disney collection)  Didn't seem super excited about it.  Hmmmm. 

3 comments:

Wencked said...

in regards to #9...our response is, "we have had all our PLANNED children. Any additions are in God's hands"

Nicole Svendsen said...

awe Jessica, we moms are so hard on ourselves aren't we? I wanna see pictures of your new garden therapy!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are giving yourself a break! Your boys are so fun and full of life.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Labels

Blog Archive