background

Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1.  Samuel moved up to the "mini tots" classroom.  They were worried he'd be bullied (he's on the small side)... well, just the opposite.
2.  We now know Ryan's symptoms when he's sick.  He's really polite and quiet.  Unsolicited niceness.
3.  Baby Carter is counting down the days until he's in my arms.  It just makes him sick that he's not closer to me.  Kim and Carter will be here Wednesday night!!!
4.  I'm really surprised the word "candy" hasn't been in Ryan's vocabulary more... even with the bath and nap bribing that's going on around here.
5.  Ryan and Rod went to hit golf balls.  Ryan has politely declined all help from Dad. 
6.  As crazy, and completely hectic as my life is, I'm tickled at how God finds just the perfect times for me to finish my Bible study each week.  Ever heard of Priscilla Shirer?  Well, look her up.  She'll get you right.
7.  Food Network channel was dropped from Uverse for a few days... I almost had a conniption fit.  Susan Gee saved me from doing so.
8.  I love how my mom misses my dad and my dad misses my mom.  Both have expressed it to me in the cutest ways.  Thursday!!! 
9.  Samuel is turning one next week, and I officially can no longer complain about being a second child.  He will not be having a first birthday party.  Please refer back to #6. I will have two cupcakes (one for Ryan of course) and pictures.  
10.  Samuel is saying dada, hi, yaya, gagagaga.  He's walking along all furniture and walls.  He'd much rather have baby food than real food.  Loves salty over sweet.  He's a mama's boy AND a daddy's boy.  As for Ryan, he's having a playdate with his girlfriend from school.  Ava's mom texted me today to get them together.  She's such a cutie, and I really enjoy her mom!  Ry's spending his second night with Mimi tonight due to fevers that keep popping up (refer to #2).  I'm sure sinus and ear infection.  Call me Dr. McCray.

Oh, real quick...Thursday night Rod and I are going to Gayla's Gala supporting organ transplants for children.   It'll be so great to celebrate the recipient side since we often just know of the donation side... and help raise money for those on the transplant waiting list!  If you've not registered to be a donor, please look up your State's donation registry.  If in Texas, go to http://www.save8.org/  YOU have the power to save eight lives!

3 comments:

Nicole Svendsen said...

I can't believe Sammy is going to be one already. Sawyer didn't have a first birthday party either--took some pictures of him eating his cupcake for his book and that is all he'll know:)

Melanie Flinn said...

I can't believe he is going to be one! Wow. That went by super fast (for me at least) ;)!

You are doing great as a multi-tasking working mama! One year parties are definitely over-rated.

Shelly said...

I cannot believe Samuel will be ONE!!! That is awesome and insane. I feel like you just had him. But then again, I feel like I just had Erik too :-) Enjoy his birthday even if it's not the cool party you envisioned/had for Ryan. It will probably be more special because you will remember every detail...rather than running around trying to be the ideal hostess. And have fun at the Gala!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Labels

Blog Archive