Rod went fishing this weekend, so I had the boys to myself. Now don't laugh at what I'm about to say, but I'm not much for going out in public, alone with my boys. Besides going back and forth to daycare, I've probably ventured out a total of five times. Eeks. That sounds pretty sad seeing that I'm the MOM of these kids. Being a full-time working mom, I don't really have a lot of practice doing so. I had big intentions of going to the pumpkin patch to snap some pics. I bailed. Well really my hot cup of coffee, comfy pj's, and one heck of a busy week made me bail. And, I still haven't found THE perfect double-stroller to strap these boys down.
So, we had some fun at the house. I had a photo session with Sammy, baked modified cupcakes with homemade icing, and played in the backyard.
Homemade apron... a t-shirt.
The human blender
Doing the happy dance. Chocolate is GOOOOOOD, Mom.
Tasting powered sugar for the first time.
Lately, I've had conflicting feelings about being a working mom. I go through this about once, every other month. So, this was a nice time to just slow down and enjoy the day with the boys. Loved every minute, but I will say I was POOPED. Rod got home, and I got in the shower and had a glass of wine.
6 comments:
The human blender is the absolute cutest picture of Ryan!! And you are getting GOOD with that camera sis!!!
Loved your post! You are the best mom with the cutest kids, Jess!! So great seeing you the other day! Love you lots!
love your honesty. truly, even with being a SAHM - I can see me being verrrry nervous about leaving the house alone w/ 2 kids.. yikes times a million.. looks like a fun wkend regardless. love sammy's photo shoot and i'm in awe how much he's looking like his older brother :) ps - email me your current address so we can send xmas cards to you guys
Maybe little boys aren't supposed to be beautiful but you have two absolutely gorgeous little boys...those eyes will melt lots of hearts...and to top that Ryan can COOK!
Bring him over!
Great pictures! I love ryan's happy dance and sam is growing up so quickly! I'm glad you got a low key day with them.
It's tough to leave the house with kids. I have a difficult time with one that barely gets out of his "bucket"!
Thank you for your sweet comment on our blog, Jess! I am so appreciative of your prayers and love for our family. And can I just say that your boys are absolutely ADORABLE! I mean, Sammy...BEAUTIFUL! And Ryan...getting so big and sophisticated! Boys are the BEST! I love being the mommy to a boy and I can tell that you do too. Such wonderful blessings! XOXO
Post a Comment