While I hesitate a bit, I absolutely LOVE when Ryan asks to hold Samuel. Ryan likes to pat Samuel's head, stuff the poochie in his mouth, tell him to "WAKE-UP", place toys on him while he's swinging, and sit next to him while watching cartoons. He's been a sweet big brother...but don't get me wrong. We've had our moments.
Samuel's still a sweet and snugly baby. He's always ready to eat after two and a half to three hours. I've been able to pump quite a bit to build up my stock for when I head back to work. Speaking of pumping, this morning's pump, I swear it was saying, "Wonder Pets. Wonder Pets....." over and over. He's taking the bottle well, which is helpful during this holiday shopping season. Samuel's a great shopper. He particularly loves Target. He told me.
Now, on to me. I'm doing well. :) Recovery is nearing the end! Phew. This recovery was a bit more difficult than the first. I heard the following comments from my dear family and friends, "I've never seen you so tired in all my life", "You look kind of ashy-gray colored", "Make sure you rest".... Group, I'm feelin' good! And, really enjoying this time off with Samuel.
So, yesterday, I wrapped Christmas presents while Ryan napped. Well, he awoke a bit early and stumbled upon my wrapping-mayhem He got his little paws on every wrapped gift in hopes to tear apart the paper. In efforts to shift his focus, and shift my frustration, I started going through each gift and telling him who they belong to. "This is Mattie Sue's present. This is Malyn's. This is Grandpa and Sharon's." So, we did that several times, until that got old, and mom became a bore. In desperation, I had Rod get all the gifts and put them out of sight. Well, that didn't go over too well for Ryan. So, again in an attempt to shift the focus, I offered to wrap one of his cars. Tears stopped. Car wrapped.
I had no idea it would bring so much joy. And, by "it" I mean the idea of a wrapped present. Not the idea of tearing apart wrapping paper to find a present.
Samuel was even show-cased the pezzant.

11 comments:
O how sweet is that. We have some pezzants for him here. Wonder if he'll open them?
You don't look tired to me. It's winter. We all look ashy this time of year.
Ohhh Jess that is too funny! Way to distract from the tears!! Only4 more days!! I'm so excited:)))) I am going to play Cars with Ryan and snuggle little Samuel. Ill trade you kids!!
haha you are right mom, we do all look a little ashy!!
so sweet!! It is amazing how the little things in life keep us happy and entertained... we should certainly learn from our children. I think you are doing great Jess...out and about and holiday shopping. You go girl. The hardest part for me is lugging that darn carseat in and out of the car...you have to be a freaking weighlifter to have enough strength to do that all day.
I guess I better get my pessants wrapped, too. Psst......I look ashy all the time! I'll trade Russ for Ryan, just let me know. He's a pretty good wrapper.
samuel is so precious jessica--i love his little gumdrop-be careful those things are addictive.
Adorable!!! I wonder if he'll even open his presents on Christmas day? Maybe he'll prefer to keep them wrapped? Ha!!! I love that he shard with Samuel. How sweet :-)
I am the color of skim milk. Not just WHITE but I have kind of a blueish tint. Would LOVE to look ashy...
That is probably one of my favorite posts so far. Ryan is SO CUTE!!
That is hilarious. Shows that all the fuss we go to to buy presents for the kids isn't worth it. They'd rather have the box to make a fort or walk around with the wrapped one...for a few years at least :)
Wanna talk ashy? I always have you beat in the pale with dark circles under my eyes category (and I have no children). You are awesome. I can't wait to see you!
Funny about the pump...I always think it's saying "lem-on-ade" over and over.
gosh your boys are sure. ryan cracks me up. i think ryan and kirby would be such good friends - we've got to get them together to play one day!
Post a Comment