background

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Trip to Visit the Rudd Grandparents

We had a GREAT time up in Flower Mound, TX. If not familiar with FM, it's located just Northwest of Ft. Worth. I'm not sure who had the most fun....Gramps, Grandma (who Ryan gave many names), or Ryan. Rod and I just had fun just watching the three of them interact. Always a warm and fuzzy feeling watching your child play with your own parents.

So, the pool above was intended for Misty (their yellow lab who rightfully owns that pool). Once Ryan got a foot in there, it became Ryan's pool....and, his bath both nights.


Either he's helping with the hose to get his pool filled up, or to hint that he desparately wants a bath.

While Ryan has a fascination for balls, he doesn't particularly like them in dogs' mouths.
Ryan tried to say that he was "all kean" after tripping in the water.


Ryan's school doesn't allow baggy pants. So, we let him sport the trend outside the school.

Ryan's new trick is putting his eyes in the water. This is him coming up from doing so. Please give him a round of applause. Thank you.

So, Grandma was called many names on this trip. I think he's getting confused on grandmas. She was Nana, Mimi, Mima. On Monday, we had swim lessons and my friend Shawna's mom was in town. He gave her a big kiss when we left. Something about grandmas. (that I love so much too).

Misty and Dyna playing with a soaked Ryan.

Do these shots ever get old????

LOVE this picture of my boys. We visited the Dallas Aquarium. They had everyhing from a Leopard to GIANT crocodiles. But, Ryan's #1 pick was the spotting of Dory and Nemo.

Ryan was so pleased with himself that he "found" Nemo, and didn't have to travel to Australia to get him.

I think he was even more excited about Dory.

This was my excitement....I could not get over these fish. I can't remember what they are, but SERIOUSLY people....what if one of those brushed up against you in a lake.


I'm standing on the other side of the tank.

My little munchkin having a ball! I can't remember what about, but he sure loved whatever he was looking at.

So, I didn't know Ryan knew about microphones. Let alone how to dance to the beat of a song from The Little Mermaid.

We sang all sorts of songs just to keep him going. it was a hoot!

This was the morning we left. Ryan's just sippin' on his coffee enjoying the good conversation on what the future holds for healthcare...don't get me started.

But, when reminded what a cutie-pa-tootie you have smiling back at you...makes those anxieties go away.
Great trip....thank you Gramps and Grandma!!!!!









5 comments:

Martha said...

Loved this post, Jess. Ryan's cute little personality really showed in all the pictures. Sounds like a great weekend.

Pam said...

Sounds and looks like a great weekend.

Really? I thought perhaps you got into the tank to show your son you can swim.

Love love the mic. picture. I transfered it to my blog. :O

Anonymous said...

I can already see him at Rock Star Karaoke :)

Shelly said...

So precious!!! You can really tell Ryan LOVED the aquarium. Those lake fish are scary. I don't know if I'll ever go water skiing again!

Still love the naked shots myself. Once baby #2 comes, you can switch to him and give Ryan a break :-)

Also, I love the pic of Ryan singing! He is a natural!

Anonymous said...

gotta agree love them naked, should be a law no clothes allowed before 18

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Labels

Blog Archive