background

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

One for the Book....

So, Rod picked up Ryan from school yesterday. When I got home, I noticed Ryan was in a different colored shirt and shorts from what I put him in that morning. Like a total dorky mom, I say, "Looks like someone had to have their clothes changed." Rod then proceeded to tell me that Ryan asked to use the potty at school. PAUSE....Wha, huh???? It can't be time yet. So, they set him on the toilet, he started peeing PAUSE again... he knew what to do?!?!, and then the tuckus couldn't hold him up any longer. He fell in, soaking his clothes, and peeing everywhere.

After Rod told me, we both started laughing, but now I'm worried he'll be scared of the toilet for life. We have a big trip to Maine toward the end of September....diapers only please. So, I'm okay if he's scared for a while.

The teacher mentioned to me this morning that he was quivering his lip after he fell in (he would have a quivering lip if he were in a hot tub.)

That's our little story for his blog.

9 comments:

Cinda said...

oh, poor guy. I have fallen in a couple of times myself. (back in my smaller days)

Wencked said...

I will save my comments to just Ryan (and resist the urge to say something about Cinda and falling in)...

Christian starting "trying" around 2+...and we had little bits and pieces of him having success...just little ones.

Then at 3 he was a champ and stuck with it.

BUT way to go Ryan!!!

Tootle Family said...

Curious of Cinda's stories. But, I'll be nice.

I'm hoping Ryan holds off until three!!

The Grays said...

I can see how that might be a little traumatizing. Sounds like he's ALMOST big enough to use the potty!!! Way to go, Ryan!

The Blevins' said...

hilarious. Poor Rod hope he isn't scarred for life too. Way to go big boy Ryan. You know they are ready when they start asking. Hey it would be too bad to only have one in diapers right??

Amber Greenawalt said...

Great story!

Melanie Flinn said...

Poor kid but yeah for Ryan!

Martha said...

Ah, the traumas of life! Too bad someone wasn't there with a camera. Where's Nama when you need her?

Pam said...

Haha In Ohio taking pictures of the dogs in the car for two days.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Labels

Blog Archive