background

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Update on #2


So, I had my sonogram this morning to make sure the placenta moved up….for which it did!!!! Yes!

Baby looks adorable. I’ve not had a sonogram at this point in pregnancy before, (usually earlier in preg and then the very end (when you can’t see much)). He’s got a little button nose. It’s really pretty cute. He measures about a week ahead of me. I’m 26.4 weeks now, and he measured 27.3. He’s positioned with his head down, and all his appendages kicking around at my belly. So, it’s fun to see all his crazy movements. Ryan had his back to my belly, so I never got to see much movement.

The funniest is that the sonographer was trying to get a picture of his “fire hose”, but he wouldn’t get his hand off of it. Typical. She was jiggling my belly around trying to get him to get his hands off. Well, after he revealed himself, it was determined he’s still a boy. Dr. Finney said, “Beautiful penis shot.” Haha. Love her.

I made a quick stop at the weight scale…ugh. Why?!? I don’t know. I just did. I’m once again, gaining more weight per month than recommended… guess I need to ease up on having dessert after lunch and dinner.

For now, I guess you can say his cravings are: diet caffeine free coke floats, egg noodles with ketchup, watermelon (ohhhh, my I’m loving the watermelon), and candy (no chocolate, just juicy candy).

For names….we’re back on Cooper. We’ve now gone from Parker, Cooper, Sam, Tate and now back to Cooper.

7 comments:

boo and stacy said...

I love Cooper! I'm cracking up that you called it a fire hose! I haven't heard that one! We just have 'split tails' here!

Nicole Svendsen said...

love cooper! okay jessica, egg noodles with ketchup? my oh my, doesn't sound good to me!!! that is fun you can feel him moving all over this time:)

pam said...

That's funny, I had a sono today too to check on the placenta. Glad yours went well and he's still a boy. My placenta has moved too and it's still a girl. Loved your comment about the fire hose and him holding it. Boys....

Anonymous said...

Aw, he's so sweet. It's so weird that you have boys and you have to say things like "fire hose"...anyway, I'm off track... you look great, Jess! (maybe the extra weight is because he is ahead of you in growth (excuse my lack of technical prego terms)).

Glad he's growing so well! xoxo

Shelly said...

He looks so sweet in there! I love his little button nose. And I love Cooper too. Ryan & Cooper...sounds great! So glad the placenta moved up!

The Blevins' said...

so cute. I tell you what, they just don't give us enough sonograms. I mean for real only 3. You look great as does the little guy. How are you feeling?

JoyTrumpsPerfect said...

I'm RIGHT there with you on the watermelon. I have to have one in the fridge at all times. Cooper is adorable. AND--I have a "low lying" placenta too! Only about 2 more months for you--so exciting!!!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Labels

Blog Archive