background

Monday, April 09, 2007

Ryan's Room at 34 Weeks



This weekend, we got a very sweet surprise when a friend of ours stopped by. Don was thrilled to visit us once he realized we'd put him to work. We got a good six hours of unpaid work out of him. THANK YOU DON!!!!

Room has been painted, and crib skirt added! We still have some finishing touches to add to the room, but otherwise we're almost there! The skirt was HANDMADE by Rod's mom. Very talented woman. I'll try to get a close of pic of the detail to the skirt for the next post. The chair and ottoman are a generous gift from my mom and dad!! We love it. It will rock you to sleep in 10 seconds flat. Note my new Petunia Pickle Bottom diaper bag under the crib....a VERY sweet gift from Auntie Jenny! Boy, oh boy is this child LOVED!


For those who have not met my husband, I'd like to introduce to you, Ryan's daddy. For those of you that know him, this picture probably doesn't surprise you. :) This is the box that our chair came in. Rod took himself right back to childhood when he saw it. (I think I'm in trouble when Ryan gets here...)

Who knew an unborn child could have SO MUCH! Rod and I are floored everytime we look at his closet. All drawers and baskets are full of STUFF. Its unbelievable!


Ryan's Gear




4 comments:

Pam said...

Wow what fun and how great the room looks. Boxes are the best gifts for little kids. They can be boats, castles, caves, forts, the list goes on and on. Love the room. Can't wait to see it in person with the little guy in bed sleeping peacefully after nama has rocked him to sleep.

Pam said...

I think Don deserves the name Uncle Don for that work.Good job guys.

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling he's already Uncle Don--everyone loves that guy! The room looks great! Can't wait to see Ryan in it!!!

I'm Jana :-) said...

Wow...wow...wow!
Love the blue, love the crib,love the closet full of clothes, love the painters, love the mom....can't wait to love that little baby boy!
It is really getting close.....can't wait.
Fun, fun, fun!
Please keep a diary of EVERYTHING during those first months so you can pass all the happenings on to Mel, Beau and Nana(me). I want to know what to expect...you can refresh my memory! You'll be pros by August!
Love you,
Jana

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Labels

Blog Archive