background

Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Great Outdoors!!!

I could not stop thinking how great the community is in El Segundo. There is so much to do outside, and all of which are either free or may cost you a buck or two. Oh, and do I dare tell you the temperature?!?!? The high I think was 80 one day. Oh, and a constant breeze.

These are some pics from this park that also has a good sized pool that is all shallow!!! A kids dream. It's awesome. Then, when you're finished swimming, you run over to the play area. Check out the "cool thing to do" with your towel on the play set.












Tuesday morning, we headed to get lattes and bagels. Then, over to the farmer's market to ride the trackless train... For which Ryan told me "it's just a car". True that, Son. true that.









Now here's where I had a nostalgic moment. Maybe eight years ago, I flew out to see Stacy and just get away from Dallas and reflect. Every morning, I'd walk down the Strand and then out on the pier and just park it on a bench. I was reading Purpose Driven Life at that time. So, when I was running out on the pier with the kids, I just had to stop and reflect again. It was a pretty sweet moment for me.






They kept trying to tell the surfers to catch "that one" (wave). They wouldn't listen so we got no action.



Soupie is just the sweetest.



Malyn is just the funniest. Like her momma. She has some pretty comical moments that stop you in your tracks. I remember Stacy being that way. Still is and still full of life. (yes, even with three kids).



Gotchya Malyn. Bribery did play into this! But, I got it and that's all that matters.



I wanted one of me. And I got it. THAT'S all that matters.




Thank you Arnolds for all the fun!!!!!!



1:00am. We made it home.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:CA

2 comments:

Pam said...

I know you had fun and enjoyed the weather. Hard to leave that place.

Little Stacy and little Jessica in those pictures. So funny to see for me.

We need a Noah's, Coffee Bean, and Trader Joes in SA. But something tells me they just won't be the same here!

Great blogging of the trip Jess.

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a fun series of posts. I didn't know you were posting as you went, wish I had been following. Those kids are just you guys all over again. I love them.

So, so fun.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Labels

Blog Archive