background

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Family Weekend!

What I thought would be an easy, one-birthday-weekend... turned into two birthdays, one bowling night (with kids in tow), friends over for swimming and dinner, dinner for Nama Dotty and Uncle Frank, hand-watered landscaping, pulled out dead plants, entire laundry load for a family of four, two grocery trips, shopped for shorts for Ryan and got some Bible study done!

These are some pics of Ryan and Samuel's first bowling experience. I tried to be a good wife and tell rod that I'd just stay home with Samuel. If you know Samuel, you know his unbelievable attraction, dedication, addiction to balls! "good morning, Samuel," for which he replies "BALL". You can imagine a child as such, at a bowling alley. (no ownership of the balls, strangers, pinched fingers, allies to run down, brother gets to hold a ball.....) So, the fear poured through me as I envisioned rod and I tackling Samuel and not bowling. And, that's just about how it went down! I was whipped! A client of Rod's celebrated their 5-year anniversary and had a big, family bowl night. I really did enjoy getting to bowl, with some leg to the side action.






First bowl for Ryan, DQ'd. Over the line! The ball rolled so slowly, it started rolling back to us.






Here's the monster. I'm still scared.



So, we went to a birthday party for our friend's niece. So I thought "it" was a niece. Nope, Sage is a boy. I had run through Target on the way to the birthday party (side note: all Rod's planning) and picked out a Kaboodle and filled it with hair ties, bows, lip gloss, hair brush... I was having fun. As we walked toward the party a little train goes by, and THEN a dreaded Thomas the Train balloon made my neurons click in. I flipped out, threw the gift at Rod and shouted, "Sage is a girl. Throw this back in the car." I was mortified. But, not near as mortified as I was when I started overhearing Rod tell THE MOM what happened. Ugh. Really!?!?






This party was the cutesy it was an early morning party(because it gets sooo hot so fast) so they had a pancake station and all the fixings in beach pales and wagons with shovels to use to scoop up the goods. Then, a lady walked around and handed out mini Baskin Robbins ice cream cones. Off in the distance, I oversee Samuel in his white shirt and a chocolate ice cream.















Sunday night, we had Nama Dotty and Uncle Frank over for spaghetti dinner. The boys put on a full (loud) show for them. Excellent dinner and company to end our busy weekend.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:SA

4 comments:

mimi tootle said...

Only one word needed...CLOROX! Great pics. It was so hot, I admire you guys for even getting out of the house.

boo and stacy said...

Your family is always so booked on the weekend!!! Good job even leaving the house! Hilarious story about the bday party. Darling Kaboodle idea... you have the cutest bday gift ideas Jess!!

Wish I was weekending with you....

Pam said...

Great post Jess. Sure miss the boys and you guys.
Dad and I can't stop laughing at Ryan looking at his bowling shoes.

Pam said...

I keep coming back to see these darling pictures. The first one with Ryan and looking at his shoes still cracks me up.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Labels

Blog Archive