background

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Harkins-Houston-Humidity

We went to Camp 3-H for the weekend!! A childhood friend of mine lives there with her husband and two boys. We've not had a chance to catch up in years... years!!! Jennifer and I were cheerleaders together in high school but really our tight bond goes back to middle school. We cherished each other so much.

So, I have a wow-factor to this post! Ready? I drove two boys, under age five, to Houston all by my big-girl self. Don't forget, I can count on one hand how many times I've gone to the store with both boys. We even made a pit stop... got our shoes back on, grabbed diaper bag, pulled iPad out of the car charger, got inside, changed a diaper, let Ryan potty, let mommy potty and got back in the car and headed on. Big deal.

So, Jenn lives in a neat area near downtown Houston. Check out the sprinkler park that is just two blocks from her house. Oh, and on the way is a fire station. Every boys' dream. So, we packed some wine, sunscreen and cups and made our way to the only spot to relieve one from the heat!






Sorry lady for catching this shot of you. I needed this photo to show all the sprinklers.



My little busy-bee made himself at home. We stayed in their "backhouse". So neat. Ryan and I slept together (for the first time ever). And, Samuel in the closet! It was perfect and the bed was amazing!!!! Thanks Jenn!!



As soon as the boys (all of whom released their fire hoses in the bathtub) took their baths and were down, Jenn and I had a yummy Kashi pizza, salad and wine and a much needed, catching-up chit-chat late into the night.






These two were so cute together.



Jenn, thank you for such a nice, relaxing weekend. Fun times!!!! Hope to do it again!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Harkins-Houston-Humidity!!!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I must say, I'm quite impressed. I've done that trip with ONE baby and a husband and it's not easy. Especially in this heat!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Labels

Blog Archive