background

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Beach Trip 2011

Three dads, three moms, three kids, and three toddlers headed down to Cinnamon Shores in Port Aransas, TX!  Melanie and I headed down with our kids, and as we pulled away, I shouted out to Rod, "Port A or bust!"  Just didn't have the same ring to it.  We were missing the shoe polish on Mel's car, announcing our destination and how cool we look heading down there.  The four carseats spoke for us.



Let me tell you what's great about traveling with these two mommies.  We all three had the same nap schedule and SAME early bedtimes.  So, each evening was warmly welcomed with a nice glass of wine, a yummy dinner (thank you Rod), and a nice breeze outside!



Ah, aren't we cute in our matching green?!  This is our family photo op as Rod was in the kitchen working on the shrimp boil, and Samuel, well... just don't really know why he's not with us. 

But, did catch a pic of the boys! 


I had the wrong setting on my camera, so the coloring is off.  But, aren't they just the cutest little toots around town?!


Kid pic attempt. 

And, of course you gotta have a pic with the shark!  Ryan had already headed deep in the belly of the beast.

The Sturm boys!  Hudson's face makes this picture worth the humid air pic. 
We had such a great time.  Now, all of us over the age of four, agreed that six kids are a lot of work on a beach trip!  But, we did it and truly had a great time.  I didn't take my camera down to the beach in fear I wouldn't take care of it. 

We would absolutely head back!  The house we rented had a shed full of beach supplies, a high chair, pac n play and a kids room full of beds and a flat screen t.v.  Ryan was in HEAVEN. 

Thank you Sturms and Rivenburgs for such a fun trip. 

4 comments:

boo and stacy said...

WHAT FUN!! Love your green skirt! Fun pic of you and Samuel in the sharks mouth! And how awesome that Rod loves to cook AND is good at it!!!!! Fun trip, glad y'all all have each other to go through live with and enjoy these fun trips together!!!

Unknown said...

The best memories you will EVER have! I promise!

Pam said...

How well I remember our beach trips with lots of kids. Fun Fun Fun.

Memories as Janet said! You'll always remember them.

Sounds like a fun family beach trip for us all to do. Arnolds? Jen? What do you all think?

Anonymous said...

How cool is that? I love that you guys take trips like this. We did a big one with 5 babies and 12 adults to Whistler in March. You aren't kidding. That is A LOT of work!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Labels

Blog Archive