I'm in California right now helping out Stacy wherever I can. The girl is seriously BUSY! From making sure she has enough paper for an event, to making sure Neelab makes it to her appointment ontime...her brain hasn't stopped. Here are a few things going on in the Arnold home, and in my mind (apparently I like to list things out rather than write nice paragraphs):
1. Neelab says so much with her eyes.
2. She and I were brushing our teeth together, and I wanted to breakdown. Couldn't believe I was brushing my teeth with a sweet child from Kabul.
3. Cleaning toilet bowls at Stacy's house is way more fun than doin them at my house.
4. Stacy has a gift....MULTITASKING. But, not just that she can multitask, she can do it for hours and hours and hours....right up to the point she falls asleep.
5. We made a massive banner yesterday that says THANK YOU. And, will be making another tonight that says the same, BUT written in Dari. Now, if you're not familiar with how to WRITE in Dari, please do a Google search of how to write in Dari. Wish me luck!
6. What's really cute and universal about the above.....we had Neelab write thank you in Dari. We could not figure out the curves and slashes she was making. So, we had Stacy's neighbor write it for us (he speaks/writes Dari). Stacy, asked why Neelab's has a swirl on hers and his response was "Because she's a girl." So, just like we add hearts for the dot of our "i", she too likes to add her girlish touch.
7. Mattie Sue is hilarious when she talks to Neelab. She talks louder and with a "special" accent. Example: the word "floor" in Mattie Sue's Dari translation to Neelab is "flure" (please roll the "r").
8. Rod took samuel to the doc. He has a double ear infection. :( the ear infection is what is causing the coughing and continuous congestion. (we were going on three weeks here.....i know, i know. pay attention, mom).
9. I'm taking two of the Afganistan girls to get a pedicure/manicure today. I'm really excited for the opportunity to spend time with them.
10. There are some REALLY tired mommies out here. I think I've been tired....this is a whole different game. I just wish I could get to each of their houses and help out. You would not believe the amount of work they are all putting into all aspects of Solace AND don't forget their own families. I just picture God cradling them at night, charging up their batteries, and getting them back on the move in the mornings.
I'll be sure to take a picture of my "thank-you" in Dari banner. Wish me luck. Let's just hope my swoop is not too low, and meaning something very inappropriate.
While there is a lot to do here, it is all a blessing to me. TRULY! Actually, I don't even feel like it's "a lot" b/c I'm really happy and honored to be here.
background
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
Blog Archive
- September (1)
- June (2)
- May (2)
- March (2)
- February (2)
- January (2)
- December (3)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (3)
- August (8)
- July (9)
- June (4)
- May (5)
- April (4)
- March (5)
- February (1)
- January (3)
- December (1)
- November (4)
- October (3)
- September (3)
- August (4)
- July (4)
- June (1)
- May (3)
- April (4)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (3)
- December (5)
- November (5)
- October (4)
- September (6)
- August (9)
- July (8)
- June (7)
- May (5)
- April (5)
- March (3)
- February (4)
- January (10)
- December (6)
- November (7)
- October (11)
- September (7)
- August (7)
- July (7)
- June (6)
- May (8)
- April (5)
- March (9)
- February (8)
- January (12)
- December (8)
- November (12)
- October (9)
- September (10)
- August (15)
- July (16)
- June (5)
- May (6)
- April (7)
- March (4)
- February (4)
- January (5)
- December (7)
- November (10)

2 comments:
Fun to hear it from your side Jess! You are such a blessing being here. Thank you sis!!!!! Love you to pieces:)
Great job of explaining what is going on there. WOW. Thanks so much. I think about you all - all the time.
Post a Comment