background

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Thomas the Train Play Date


Mimi and Pop Pop took Ryan to Toys R Us' Thomas the Train Play Date.  The flyer for it came through on my email.  I was so excited for Ryan to go, but the idea of going to a toy store with a demanding three-year-old sounded exhausting.  So, Mimi and PopPop to the rescue. 

I was so excited to hear how it went from Millie.  Two words, "A joke."  :(  I was sooooo bummed.  I need to stop here and say that the flyer that I got looked soooooooo cool!!!  The "Conductor" of the event, didn't look anything like Sir Topenhat to me.  BUT, after seeing these pictures...it was no joke to Ryan.  Listen, as long as my kid has a toy in his hand (hence the exhaustion of thinking of taking him to a toy store) he's fine.  Make it a train, and we're double-fine. 

The picture below just melts my heart.  Look how serious he is about playing with the trains, wearing his hat, and sitting there with the big kids. 

Can't take a kid to a toy store, without buying a toy!  Thank you Mimi and PopPop for the circus trains that Thomas pulls. And, how cute is this picture?!?!

Still sporting his hat.  It's serious bizz in Thomas land.  I laugh looking at this picture thinking that he's thinking "Now, when I get home, I'm going to first get my other Thomas' out.  Then, get my new Henry and #3 train.  Hook them up...."

Ryan, I love your love of toys!

2 comments:

boo and stacy said...

That is all SO funny!!! He is very serious about his toys!!!! Love his little thinking look while picking out the toy!

love him so much

Pam said...

O Mimi and Pop Pop are the best. In spite of how it turned out it looks like it was a huge day for Ryan. Love his looks. Great capture Millie.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Labels

Blog Archive