For real?!?! I cannot get over this. I cannot believe this child has been in our lives for seven weeks already. Quick note: Samuel's friend Samantha is here!!! She's five days old, and beautiful! Welcome Samantha Pierce!
Samuel's growing as babies typically grow. I weighed myself (no comment), and then weighed me again with Samuel in my arms. He's at 10.4 lbs. He's out of the newborn clothes, and fits well in the 0-3 mos clothing. I think he looks like Rod. But, as he's been putting weight on, he's looking like a Rod-Ryan. Which isn't a bad combination at all! :) Samuel has dark eyebrows, dark eyes and nice skin coloring. So, it's looking like Ryan and I will be slathered in 50+ spf, while Rod and Samuel enjoy their natural golden tans.
Samuel's been smiling more and more. And, the coo'ing. I can't get over it. I could hear a baby coo all day long. Hands down one of the sweetest sounds.
He's been on Zantac for the past three weeks, and sleeping in his nap nanny at night. I think both have helped his reflux. We're trying to figure out why he's so finicky (is that the word) while I'm feeding him. He just seems so agitated. I've got the goods, and he just seems agitated. I think this has something to do with his reflux, but I'll find out for sure on his TWO MONTH appointment on the 18th.
I head back to work on the 19th. I'm part ready, and part not ready at all to head back. I'm honored to say that I just got a promotion....which also means longer work days, and more responsibility. You're now reading the words of the new Director of Quality Services. Huge honor! The biggest anxiety that I have is getting all the kids gear together, out the door, into the car, out of the car, gear out of the car, in the daycare, and both kids in their appropriate classrooms in time to get myself to Starbucks for my coffee, and in my office by 8:30am. I've told my boss to go easy on me the first few weeks. My plan is to get up earlier (maybe 6:30am), get myself completely ready, and then get the kids up and ready. Fortunately, daycare feeds breakfast (if you get your kids there before 8:30am), so I won't have to stress about feeding them in the mornings.
Yes, life with two kids is a lot of work. But, I love having two kids, calling them "the boys", loving on two sweet faces, watching Ryan love on his brother....just a massive blessing beyond any words I could ever put together.
Christmas pics next. I promise. Just needed to give Samuel some blog-time. :)
background
Thursday, January 07, 2010
Samuel is SEVEN Weeks Old
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
Blog Archive
- September (1)
- June (2)
- May (2)
- March (2)
- February (2)
- January (2)
- December (3)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (3)
- August (8)
- July (9)
- June (4)
- May (5)
- April (4)
- March (5)
- February (1)
- January (3)
- December (1)
- November (4)
- October (3)
- September (3)
- August (4)
- July (4)
- June (1)
- May (3)
- April (4)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (3)
- December (5)
- November (5)
- October (4)
- September (6)
- August (9)
- July (8)
- June (7)
- May (5)
- April (5)
- March (3)
- February (4)
- January (10)
- December (6)
- November (7)
- October (11)
- September (7)
- August (7)
- July (7)
- June (6)
- May (8)
- April (5)
- March (9)
- February (8)
- January (12)
- December (8)
- November (12)
- October (9)
- September (10)
- August (15)
- July (16)
- June (5)
- May (6)
- April (7)
- March (4)
- February (4)
- January (5)
- December (7)
- November (10)

12 comments:
Congrats on the promotion! I admire you for getting up and getting to little ones to daycare each morning. Maddi and Cade get themselves ready for school and I have a hard time getting out the door on time when we've got things to do. Samuel is so cute!
sweet post Jessica. Congratulations on your promotion and lots of prayers for you to get "in a groove" when you go back to work. HOpe to meet samuel soon.
So sweet!! I also love saying "the boys" :-) I cannot believe you go back to work already. I will be praying that it all goes smoothly. Congrats on the promotion as well!! You rock!!
He does look a lot like Rod in that second picture!
Well all I can say is the first week will be an adjustment but you will get used to it in no time. My only suggestion is prep, prep, prep the night before. The more I had ready (clothes, socks, shoes all laid out) the less stress it was in the morning. Great job on the promotion! Very exciting.
You are such a wonderful mom Jess and I know in time you'll have it all down. I actually think you already do. Between you and Rod you make a great team.
Trust me you'll be saying soon enough, "come on boys, time to get in the car for school". Really it comes so fast.
hi jessica! it's shannon (wadsworth) paulo...i came across your blog through a comment on sam's (fairman/galbreath) facebook page. you have a beautiful family! we have a new baby too (she's 4 months now)...along with a 6 y.o. & a 4 2/3 y.o. ALL girls! it was good catchin' up...we have a blog too. check it out if ya want.:)
wow...i don't know what i was doing when i was typing...i guess i need to proof read.
let's try this again...we have a 3 month old, 6 year old & a 3 1/2 year old.
okay, that's better!
Love that little Samuel. I want to HOLD him!! He is so cute. And yes congrats on the promotion...its always great when you leave and get a promotion when you come back:). I admire you going back to work so soon and being able to manage it all.
I can't believe he is seven weeks already. He is so cute. I wish I had his skin color, instead of have the pasty white action going on.
Congratulations on the promotion! I don't know how you moms do it. I can't get myself all ready and out the door by 8:30.
that's right, i remember you having 2 sisters...i forgot you were the "middle one" though.:)
i do remember your sister stacy...she's the youngest, right? we live in riverside...i think that's probably about an hour from where stacy lives (btw, are those her daughters in your header pic? adorable pic!).
i added you to my blog roll so i can keep up on your blog too. good to hear from you~shannon
Congratulations on the promotion... and in a tough economy too! I'm with you on the daily Starbucks stop after getting everyone out the door... that was a treat I indulged more often when I was working last Spring/Summer! Samuel is a cutie, and I still want to come by to meet him. And Abby would like a date with her buddy, Ryan soon!
Samuel is precious! Congratulations on the promotion, and good luck going back to work - I'm sure you'll juggle everything like a rock star!!
Post a Comment