background

Monday, October 19, 2009

Last Family of Three Vacation!

My sweet friend Elizabeth let us stay in her lakehouse this past weekend on Lake LBJ. While there, we visited Sweet Berry Farm. This farm has a wildflower crop (crop???), pumpkin patch...the real kind, hay rides, paint your pumpkin stations, lots of picture spots, goats, boats with pumpkins, every kind of pumpkin, Fall foods to eat, and so much more!

Have you ever seen such a thing? These pumpks truly looked like they had peanuts on them. I'm telling you...every kind of pumpkin!

While this place was great...it was PACKED. I chose to wear a black shirt, jeans and my birthday Uggs...so I got a little cranky b/c I was hot. Again, it's all about me. So, we snapped a pic here, snapped a pic there...and bolted!

The first thing Ryan wanted to do when he saw the pumpkins...try to pick them up. When he realized that wasn't going to happen, he just wanted to turn them over, making them roll. So, we shifted his focus...



...to a hollowed hay bail (is that what they're called?). He LOVED this. Sun was beaming down, so we moved on to the goats.

Then, Mom FINALLY found the tractor. A friend of mine took pics with her little boy on it. I was destined to find this tractor. Why the fascination with tractors?! Well, Ryan LOVES the movie Cars, and one part of it is Mater going "tractor-tippin'". He just laughs and laughs at the tractors. So, all bull-dozers, back hoes, diggers...they're all tractors to him.

Mom and Ryan attempt #1

Ryan, I got my hiney on the ground, now get back here and help your momma out!

Attempt #2...ladies hiney in the background.

In the neighborhood of the lakehouse, they have a private park with a beach in it. So, we took the golf cart over to the beach and let Ryan play in the sand and water, while watching deer graze in the grass behind us.

He felt so big walking up and down the dock. Sweet baby Ryan...you'll always be my baby boy!

6 comments:

Melanie Flinn said...

Looks fun! That place is super close to our house in Austin (lakeway), but we never made it out there....maybe next year. I have the same Uggs and I adore them. They do get hot though. ;)

kim said...

Texas is too hot for Uggs. You'll have to wear them up here when you visit :)

The lake looks so relaxing and fun! You look great Jess, only a few more weeks to go!!

Sharla said...

Funny about Ryan trying to pick up pumpkins... such a boy! Great shots- you are becoming such a good photographer. And you look great with only 2 more weeks to go!

Pam said...

Where is his life jacket?
I love the pictures. Love the place and would love to go sometime with Ryan. What fruit of veggie come out next?

boo and stacy said...

Such sweet pics! LOVE the tractor picture the most. I have that black shirt from Gap. Looks much cuter with a sweet ol belly!

Great shot of Rod and Ryan too!!!

Pam said...

I think you only have 19 days left.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Labels

Blog Archive