background

Friday, August 28, 2009

Moving to a Big Boy Bed

...not quite yet, but we're making our way! He doesn't know this, so yet another secret I need you to keep from him. We've decided to forego an additional crib and move Ryan to the other room. To properly welcome him to his new residence, I plan to have his entire room done so he'll be super-duper excited! (Am I wishful thinking???).


Anyways, after Stacy helped me settle the sleeping arrangements, I quickly started looking for bedding for Ryan. And, I found his duvet! Hip, hip....HOORAY! I plan to find some "toddler-fun" sheets for his bed to go with this duvet. I figure Ryan will think the shambre sheets were lame. (I do).


Now, I would love to have all that wood work on the walls of his room, but since we'll probably not be living in this house long, we'll just be painting. We're thinking a dark khaki, with a possible chocolate colored wall, or alternate the two colors. We'll see. I'm loving these colors. What do y'all think?

9 comments:

The Grays said...

so cute! where did you find it?

The Blevins' said...

so you have to get two rooms ready now right or are you using Ryan's stuff for the new little guy. I can't imagine having to get two rooms coordinated and picked out. Good for you. i really do love the duvet, so cute.

boo and stacy said...

AND bedding is cheaper than a new crib! Back to the practicality of it! Your little boy is growing up! Move over brother, the 'he took my stuff' has already begun!

Pam said...

Love it Jess and I know Ryan will too. Great color combo and looks like the "cars" will fit right in. All grown up!

mimi tootle said...

This will be interesting. I love the idea of it. How does "Baby Wise" explain how to keep him in there?

Sharla said...

How exciting! From our recent experience, I say get a toddler bedrail for the bed & a gate for the door and everything should go great!

Anonymous said...

I love the dark chocolate idea, it will look sharp.

You won't be in the house that long? You guys going to move soon?

court garrison said...

Great! We moved Matthew a few months before Anna Faith was born and he did great. The first night was hard...but we super nannied it all the way. We ended up having to put a child knob guard (or whatever they are called) on the inside of his door so he couldnt open the door and get out...because I woke up and found him down the hall and it scared me to think of him roaming around without me knowing. So, now he just peeks under the door and calls for us and we come get him. We also found it worked best to have one side of the bed against a wall and the other side have the toddler rail. He is a little more secure that way I think. Anyway, you didnt ask for ideas - so sorry!

Love you and good luck with your big boy bed Ry!

Pam said...

PS I like the shambre sp? sheets and he'll never think they are lame.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Labels

Blog Archive