background

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Sweet Land of Liberty!!!!!

We had a FANTASTIC 4th of July!!! Truly, the day couldn't have gone better. We were a little apprehensive of Ryan staying up late for the fireworks...but, hey! It's once a year, and its FIREWORKS!!!! He was an absolute CHAMP! Did not fuss once. As you'll see through the progression of our day, into the night, he slowly tuckered out!

HAPPY 4TH TO ALL!!! Officially, one of mi favorito holidays.

Ryan had a BLAST in the pool, all day long! Rod had to pull him out for a bit to make him rest.

Sweet Rylee LOVES to play with Ryan, and is a huge help to Rod and I! Always love having a Rylee around. She's got such a sweet, nurturing heart.

Would a Tootle day outside be complete without a "goff cub" or a "goff ball"?!?


After swimming, we headed to Sonterra for the fireworks show! From the parking, to our blanket spot, seriously couldn't have gone better!!!

Lots of line dancing as we all waited for the show to start. Here's Ryan doing his "how low can you go" manuver. He's a little behind on the music, but he took that dancing VERY seriously. I have to say, I was quite impressed with him following along with all the women.

I don't know what's funnier....Ryan "jumpin" to the music, or the girl on the left. What line dance is she dancing to??? I'm assuming Ryan's following her dancing, and not the rest of the group's.
Chicken dance!!!! Ryan, you feelin' it?!?!
Love this shot of him. He was soooo in his own moment. I just happened to catch him looking at me for a sec.

Family picture attempt! First of many lollipops. The last of which was a red one that I sat on during the fireworks show in my white shorts. Lovely.

This is Ryan's reaction to his first sighting of fireworks. The church next to the club had their show first. (On top of lollipops...he had a few oreos).

Love my little Lovebug!


I'm really feeling the National anthem. Wow.


Jed was gracious enough to take my camera and snap shots of me in the fireworks moment! Thanks Jed!!!! (I did delete the ones I looked "more plump" in). Shawna, Lange and Walker joined us for swimming and Sonterra. Fun times with the Allens.


SLEEPY! At this point, it's about 10:15pm. Ryan's bedtime is 7:30.
Ryan rocked it that night!


"Do these fireworks ever end? And, why do they have to boom so loudly?"


9 comments:

Pam said...

What a fun weekend! Love all the expressions.

boo and stacy said...

You singing the anthem is SO funny Jess! I love the pic of you and ryan (him in the chair).

He is quite the little swimmer!!! I bet he will be a great swimmer soon!

Melanie Flinn said...

Fun day! At least the lollipop was red ;)

Shelly said...

I am very impressed Ryan made it until 10:15. We would have had a major meltdown on our hands! I love the pic of Ryan in the red chair. His hair is all spiked up and he just looks content. Great job documenting the day and good luck getting the red lollipop out of your white shorts!

Jen Taylor said...

Soo fun! My kids were always so scared of fireworks. Ryan is brave.

Ok, the one of you & the national anthem is kind of cracking me up. Like you're in the middle of a good worship. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow. What a cool 4th! I'm so glad you guys had so much fun! All of those pictures are amazing. I love that he is such a good dancer (and golfer) (yes, that was for Rod's benefit). :)

Woods Family said...

The National Anthem picture CRACKS ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!! You are hysterical!!!!

I love your belly!!! It is full like mine! Can you beleive it???

Ryan is PRECIOUS!!!!!!!! I love the yawning picture at the end!!! Gosh he is so darn handsome that one!!!

Woods Family said...

PS - THANK you for your belly shots!!!! What a gal!

Daddyoleo said...

That IS a great photo of Ryan... good job Momma... or whoever snapped it... it is hard to catch a two year old.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Labels

Blog Archive