background

Sunday, July 05, 2009

Donut Date #1!!

I label this "Donut Date #1" b/c I hope to have many more....and particularly during this pregnancy! (And, while breastfeeding when I burn 800 cals a day feeding). As most of you know, the temperatures in SA are still in the 100s. The pools are even starting to get warm. YUCK. So, genius me came up with the idea to have a donut date with the kiddos. I had Friday off of work for the holidays, so I fully intended (and, did enjoy) a day in the life of a stay-at-home mom!

We had a FUN time! I don't know if the kids had more fun than the adults. We couldn't stop watching them run around the donut shop like CRAZY kids. Luckly, no one seemed to mind. I sure didn't. I was most amazed at the SUDDEN sugar rush, and then a total low at the end. I think I was right with the kids on the rush, and the low.

This is Ryan's first Krispie Kreme! Hot off the belt...he loved every minute of it. (Agian, working on his "cheese" face).
The only one missing in the pic above is Abby. She decided to sleep in this morning. Her sugar rush came a bit later, while the others were slowly crashing.


The above pic is our hefty attempts at getting the boys lined up in a row for the picture I'd been waiting to snap! This is the moment I wanted captured!


We're almost there.



Yes! We did it! (only bad thing is sweet Abby is missing)

He LOVED the donuts!!! Love this pic of Jack Walker!

MY most favorite moment of the donut date was the surprise arrival of Kim and Scott!!! I cannot tell you how happy this made me. For those of you that don't know, Kim and I have grown up together since we were two or three. She's my fav! While I'd like to think they were at KK to surprise me, they came to see Abby and Sharla. They flew in from Seattle the night before, and didn't get it until midnight. Thanks for waking up on Texas time.

Here's the adorable Abby and Ryan!!! Destiny.
Abby, I can't wait to meet your baby sister!!! Welcome to the world Katie!


9 comments:

Pam said...

O so fun and love the progression of the boys lining up. So funny.

You and Kim were in the play pen together so it was before 2 and 3 yrs. old.

O I can't wait to take Ryan to KK. Or am I using him as an excuse to get a KK. gosh maybe wed. before we swim, if we swim. it's supposed to rain. hahahahahahahahaha.

Erik said...

I love the new header picture. He just gets cuter and cuter Jessica. Gosh, what will his brother look like?

The Blevins' said...

What a great idea. The pictures are awesome. Oh the joy of Krispy Kreme and to be introduced at such a young age...these boys are doomed. I didn't eat my first Krispy Kreme till I was in college and woah...did that forever change my life (well at least the life of my hips). So fun! He is such a handsome little guy.

Shelly said...

So fun!! I can only imagine the sugar crash with 4 boys...but I know it was worth it!

mimi tootle said...

I was 55 years old before my first Krispy...thank goodness! You are a much better mother than I was. Such cute pictures and super idea. What a great bunch of kids

Anonymous said...

seriously, jess, you need to start your business. these pics are awesome!

Ashley and Matt Sheehan said...

you are too stinkin cute! you will look back on all your cute memories and smile

Jen Taylor said...

man! all of them are so darn cute!!!!

Jen LOVES her some Krispi Kreme. I had 3 donuts along with a big ol glass of chocolate milk while preggers with Cam. Then about 15 minutes later, all came back up. Too much sugar rush for the preggers. Beware of the pile up of donuts in the bag with the choc milk!! Be stong Jes!

Anonymous said...

I actually came to see you and the little Toot! So, thank YOU for inviting Abby so we could come too :)

Great pictures and that was such a fun way to kick off the trip to Texas!

Miss you already. Thank you for spending so much time with us while we were there. XOXO

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Labels

Blog Archive