background

Friday, February 27, 2009

Ten on Friday


1. So, I'm sitting on my couch, working on my computer (Facebook), and not two feet to the left of me is Ryan STANDING on the coffee table. Standing on tables? Hadn't thoughtof that one. He used his "Cindy-chair" to climb up on the table. Table and chair have now been separated.

2. Ry hearts golf in the same way I heart breakfast tacos. This morning made Rod proud. With shaving cream on his face, he had a grin from ear to ear. Between each swipe of his razor, he'd walk back to Ryan to help reposition him, correct his posture, and help "follow through". I asked Rod, "How psyched are you?"

3. Tomorrow, Ryan will be experiencing Chuck-e-cheese for the first time. If I were a betting woman (which sometimes I am), I'd say that Chuck-e was made for Ryan.

4. Ryan's friend Walker gave him some green Crocs. SCORE. I slapped those shoes on him, and he stood a foot taller. I don't know what it is about Crocs, but this kid LOVES them. We had to go "walk the streets" to test them out. Big hit. I'm going to put the blue pair and green pair side by side and see which he goes for.

5. We're back on antibiotics. Apparently, Ryan's chronic sinusitis never really went away after the third round of antibiotics. So, we're on round four to really knock out the stubborness.

6. I started a new Bible study was some good friends of mine. I LOVE it so far. It's Beth Moore's A Woman's Heart. I've got to get disciplined and do my studies each night. Behind already and it's the first week.

7. MiMi or Nama, can one of you watch Ryan Saturday night? I have a baby shower and Rod's out of town this weekend.

8. The first week in April, Ryan and I are heading out to California to see the Arnolds. I cannot tell you how excited I am about this trip. Rod's going on his "man-cation" (which he termed), so we're heading off to the West coast. My glowing, white body will provide a new source of light out there, saving millions on their electricity bill.

9. Sharla and Abby are out in Seattle visiting Kim and Scott....and, busting at the seams in jealousy. Isn't that horrible?! I'll admit...I get jealous. Doesn't a trip to Seattle with friends, to see a best friend sound sooooo fun?!?!

10. I hope to get a video of Ryan telling the Wiggles bye at the end of each show. It's loud and proud, and full of might.

8 comments:

Kira Willingham said...

Ryan hearts golf the way I heart pretty much anything in a tortilla, but specifically breakfast tacos. I thinks having offspring that hearts golf the way they do is every man's dream. I know Sean not so secretly hopes this baby is a boy for that VERY reason...

boo and stacy said...

I'm just as excited sis!!

And I heart breakfast tacos TOO! And I am out of luck here. everyone here is too healthy to build a Taco Cabana.

So funny Jess, I smiled the entire time while reading it. Bring that white body out here!!

Pam said...

You are certianly cleaver with your words.
Sorry we couldn't babysit. Our social life never stops. ha.
As I said before, you have a climber. I was a climber and a jumper. So I guess he takes after me on that latest stunt.
Of course he takes after Millie with the love of golf which is much more impressive.
Keep up the good work Rod, your constant help towards Ry's golf swing will pay off and will be part of his life story which will be published in a book.
For now, we wiggle!

Melanie Flinn said...

You crack me up.

Anonymous said...

We missed you this weekend! There was much talk about Ry Ry by Abby. I think she likes him. A lot.

I'll hopefully get some pictures up tonight or tomorrow. So many to pick from already!

Love you!

The Garrison's said...

He is precious Jess...and I too "work" on Facebook while my boy is doing things he maybe should not be! Cannot wait to live through you while yall got to Cali! :)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the video! Jess, you are hilarious. I love these posts.

Jen Taylor said...

so cute, and the things that can distract us from the kids. I was giving our golden his summer cut yesterday, when I looked over and found Brandon slid into the middle of the burn pit playing in the ashes, commenting on how much it looked like crushed chalk. Then didn't want to take a bath. And he's 6. The surprises will never stop!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Labels

Blog Archive