background

Monday, October 27, 2008

DONATE LIFE!!

Ryan, Nama & myself ran, excuse me...We walked less than a 5K, in the Vital Alliance 5K Run/Walk on Saturday. For all my fellow Texas residents, register to be a donor, go to Donate.
Always great to get outside for such an important reason. There were donor and recipient families running, walking, supporting...so moving.
After the run/walk, awards were handed out. We were disqualified for being late, drinking Starbucks during, and not completing the the full 5K. So, we played on the playground!
Poor kid busted his lip the night before. Fell out of a shopping cart, straight to the floor...head first. :(

Jackson and Ali joined us!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw. Poor kiddo with a busted lip. First of many tumbles, I'm sure. His legs look so long in that stroller - just like his mommy long legs!

Shelly said...

I love, love, love that you bended all the rules in the race. My fav is Starbucks. What walk isn't improved with a nice Starbucks?!?! Looks like it was a fun time. Ryan, sorry about your lip. :-(

The Grays said...

Ryan, you're so tough...and precious...and grown up!

Jen Taylor said...

ok...so many things here.

First, STARBUCKS! Come on. I know that there is no LOFT out there, but you don't have to mention that "S" bad word. (I am one of Jenny's biggest word-of-mouth girls.)

Second, you better not whimp out or be late to soul2sole! Novenber 8th. Jenny says to get there 1 1/2 hours early. Think that memo is for you. :) We are counting on you.

Third...I can remember a big old bloody busted lip one of my kids had @ hobby lobby one time. I am standing there, not knowing WHAT to do with all of it, and this lady looks @ me and says "can you please move out of my way??" Oh, I am sorry, me an my blood will get right out of that way for you. my bad.

Fourth, that face of Ryan's is just TOO CUTE for words Jes!!! He's just a beautiful boy!

Think I am done. :)

Jen Taylor said...

ok...fifth...my post was WAY to long. sorry.

Martha said...

I think there should have been a category and an appropriate prize for the person who came late, drank starbucks and headed to the playground instead of finishing! At least you should have won the "best mom" award for thinking of Ryan instead of some race!!

Kthed said...

I'm a DONOR!!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Labels

Blog Archive