"Sup" - Favorite word of the weekend. If you're not familiar with the word "sup", it's a shortened version of "Wazzzzz-up?", or "What's up?" (The RDT dictionary is all the rage).
"Wazdat" - said with a point of a finger. Also known as, "What's that?"
"Yahyah" - repeated three times means, "come get me out of the crib".
______________________________________________We had a fun weekend. Lots of swimming, visiting friends, and too much eating out. Friday, we went to Trilogy pizza. It was delicious. Turns out that I knew the guy we ate with. He graduated from Clark a year before me. He had played golf with Rod just before dinner. He has two precious boys that Ryan LOVED tried to follow everywhere they went. He even walked everywhere, trying to be like them. It's funny who you run in to when you live in San Antonio.
Saturday, the fam went to lunch and then Ryan and I went to Casey's house for a pool day! LOTS of fun. Ryan LOVED everyone there. LOTS of kids too. He literally played in the water for over two hours. He zonked out on the car ride home. ZONKED! Ris was sweet to read to Ryan as I got my three swim bags (ridiculous), a float, and myself together and in the car.

Sunday, we went to church with the Hardens. Always fun to sit with friends during church services. And, of course going to church means going out to eat afterwards. I know. I know. That seems silly, but when I was little, we would go out to eat and then bowling! (One of my favorite childhood memories).
After eating with sweet little JW and the Hardens, we went to a Hannah Montana pool party! hahaha! The cake was huge with stars shooting out of it, and a glazed picture of HM. All the little girls LOVED it. Even the pinata (absolute necessity for a San Antonio birthday celebration) had Hannah Montana on it. So cute.
Now, here's where it gets good....I still got "it"! I can still do a flip with a twist off the diving board. The diving board was one of those old school, super-unsafe diving boards. I put all the guys to shame! WHOSE YO MOMMA?!?! (as it was a mom body that went off that board...didnt' feel the same...a little jiggle).
I was really off with this shot...probably still jolted from my diving board moment. Ryan and Rylee (the birthday girl).
That evening, we went out to eat and met up with Shawn & Lisa, and sister Jenny and her friend Kyle. Lots of fun, and Y-U-M-M-Y margaritas!!! Delicioso. Needless to say, Rod and I were in a major vegetative state at the end of the night. I did manage to run a load of laundry before hitting the bed...HARD.
We're (well, Rod) still working on the front yard. It's looking really nice. Can't wait to get it all finished and planted!


15 comments:
Way to go Jess on the diving board- sort of like riding a bicycle!Sounds like a fun weekend.
2 things...
1st - I swear I grew up in a different family. I don't remember bowling at all!
2nd - I can't believe you left out the super sonic golf circle thingy in the garage!
I remember Nama doing flips off the Queens Forest diving board with her blonde pony tail flying!
1. Jenny you were with us when we went bowling but maybe you really didn't want to be there. Dad said he thinks you don't remember because you made all gutter balls. haha, just a joke, (dad style) he doesn't remember bowling either. But I do Jess. We only did it a few times.
2. Agree I can't believe you left out the thingy in the garage.
3. I did flips? O my forgot about that. Maybe you are thinking of the one where I stood backwards on the borad and dove in almost hitting my head, but never did. But if you remember me doing a flip-----I'll take it.
4. Jess, I've always said, "Grils can do anything boys can do" you all had a t-shirt that said that.
5. I've talked to much in this commet. Guess I'll head back to facebook. haha.
O forgot one more thing.
Yahyah means ya all ya up? Or are you all up? he told me.
Ryan knows what he wants! jessica I am very impressed with this "dive" of yours and must see it (oh and Ryan) SOON!
Wait - Ryan is so big! I cant handle it! It is for real too long Jess...I miss you and him and he looks so different! Love the hair and the words...oh I want to see you both!
wow - what a weekend! I'm super impressed with the dive :)
I've always wondered if I can still do all those flips like I used to...too scared to try...yeah, with this mom body!!
What a fun and busy weekend! Hope you all are rested up now. :)
GET OUT with that retaining wall!! I'm so impressed!!! Way to go brotha Roderick!
I TOTALLY remember bowling after church! lots of Luby's lunches too!
I need a shirt that says 'Girls can do anything Boys can do' for malyn...not so much for sue!
no youtube of the dive? and i sooo remember you could always do that flip twist.
stace
I would have loved to see a picture of that dive! Remember JR from the gymnastics place (what was it called?). You should thank him for your ability to twist and flip as an old mama. ;)
yes, jessica you do recognize those p.j.'s--a little gift from Ryan:) When will you all come visit here again--it has been way too long!!
Post a Comment