background

Friday, May 16, 2008

A Shout-out to Myself

Announcement!!!! I washed my LAST bottle of Ryan's today!

It was a good feeling. One I felt I should reflect on. One that deserves to have my feet up, and an hour of Oprah. Oh wait, gotta wake Ryan in 30 minutes to leave for swim lessons. I now feel encouraged and enlightened to be a new toddler's mommy. I feel that 365 days of bottles, 52 days of washing them, and multiply that by five (b/c Dr. Brown's is so sweet to give you five pieces to one single bottle), and you earn the Golden Sippy Cup award. I'll be looking for mine in the mail. It will be here, don't worry.

Now, here's my "beef" with sippy cups....some companies have mastered the "no spilling" cups with NO VALVES. Why are some companies still making sippies with valves...."Hi, Sippy Cup Makers, I'm a mom. I lose things b/c I'm a mom. You expect me to keep track of a clear, little valve for my son's sippy cups? Your valves are different from other companies valves, and so yet again I find myself playing "build the bottle" with a simple sippy cup. Please note that there are sippy cup companies that have mastered the "no valve, no spillage" cup. Figure it out. Sincerely, Momma Tootle."

Okay, I don't mean to take away from my self-inflicted shout-out...I'm just a "new mom" that will settle down to the idea she now has a toddler. Margarita, please.

10 comments:

Pam said...

Well aren't you the clever one! Perhaps you should send this on to the sippy cup companies and state your complaint. I guess you could invent one that REALLY works and make a million. ROD you are the inventer perhaps you should try. Pretend it has something to do with golf.

Martha said...

Some things never change--you making me laugh is one of them!!!

Anonymous said...

jess...write a book.

The Garrison's said...

You are so funny! For real. I am crying right now because this is SO my life. Go read my blog! I ranted too this week! I read yours first though and then posted. I just read yours again and laughed harder this time!

The Grays said...

so funny and definitely calls for a rita! You'll have to tell me the best sippy cup to get...unfortunately Kirby is not ready to give up the Dr. Browns quite yet, though!

Millie said...

Yea for Ryan, Yea for Jessica!!!Everyone agrees....you are funny.

Chantel said...

Get out of here Dr. Brown! That's the bottles Avery used .....but this next time instead of using a five-piece I'm getting the two-piece (and I'm not talking about a bikini!)
So does Jason live here now?

boo and stacy said...

It's all about the Nuby sippy cup! That's my sippy cup favorite!

s

how did he do on getting off the bottle? malyn is NOT interested in milk in a sippy cup. she wants her security bottle.

Erik said...

that is too funny...nice break down of the days. I think siena will be on the bottle for awhile still.

Shelly said...

OMG...done with bottles?!?! That must be a nice feeling. We're down to one a day...but he's not even that interested in it. It's more for me :-) Congrats!!!!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Labels

Blog Archive