background

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Weekend Packed!

10 Things that Happened During Ryan's 10-month Birthday Weeekend!
1. Uncle Mike came in to town for a wedding.
2. Weekend started on Thursday with a rehearsal dinner, and the wedding Friday.
3. Friday, Ryan turned 10-months old.
4. Friday lunch, we went to Chris Madrid's to see everyone's kiddos. Lots of fun!
5. Saturday morning Ryan had tubes put in his ears.
6. Ryan got showered with love from Nama, CK and MK. He got a Curious George movie, a truck and his first remote control car. Can you spell S-P-O-I-L-E-D!?!
7. Saturday night, we finally settled down. Rented August Rush...I cried the entire movie.
8. Sunday, mom went bathing suit shopping. No comment.
9. Aunt Tallie and Cinda came in to town on Sunday to play with Ryan. He "hammed" it up for them.
10. Ryan's first kiss went to a Glo-Worm.

Mike getting some Ryan-time.

Mel, Angela and I waiting at the Omni for the bus to take us out to Grey Moss Inn.

Rod and I at the rehearsal dinner. Grey Moss Inn no less! It was delicious. I drank my FAVORITE red wine. The steak was amazing and the seating arrangement was perfect! We got to sit with the Sturms, the Cates and Angela. Fun night!

Waiting in the pre-op holding area. Ryan was such a good sport. He ended up falling asleep in my arms while we waited. I handed him off to the nurse to head back to the O.R. It was really sweet, yet sad, to see a precious little baby in the arms of a nurse heading to the operating room. That whole transition happened so fast that I didn't have time to cry.

Post surgery. He actually played for a while before going down for his nap. We thought he'd be tuckered out from his big morning. Just mom and dad were tired. (Remember, the wedding was the night before). Ryan's playing with his very own remote control car! CK, he got the hang of it!!! He's fascinated!


Rod and I see a little Stacy in this picture. And, the hair of Dwight (from The Office).
Ryan was making the funniest faces. It was hilarious. He's got a new half-smile. Soooo funny.
NOTE: He only kisses it when it's glowing!

7 comments:

Pam said...

Loved the video. so cute. I'll have to get one of him clapping his hands. Happy 10 month old Birthday Ryan.

The Grays said...

Big weekend! Glad the tubes went well. Love the "Dwight" hair and the sweet, sweet kisses!!!

boo and stacy said...

That is too funny. Open mouthed kisses!! Yes, he does look a bit like Malyn in that one pic. Its in the eyes! Lots goin' on at 10 months buddy! He looks so much happier and healthier! Glad the docs figured it all out! I bet he loves his new ears! Fun to see Tallie! Who got married? And Grey Moss Inn? Nice!!!! Y'all look great:)

stace

Shelly said...

Poor guy with tubes in his ears. I hope he is handling it okay...and you too.

And bathing suit shopping...ugh :(

Nicole Svendsen said...

I am so glad things went well with the surgery. He is such a trooper. Looks like you guys had a busy weekend. Hope to see you soon.

Andrea Cole said...

Hey Jess,
I've been keeping up with Ryan through Nerissa and I am praying these tubes work wonders for him!! I know how hard it is to hand them over like that. He is such a cutie - so much personality - he's a lucky boy to have such a devoted family!! Chloe send kisses and hugs - if he has any left after the glow worm. and I think his haircut is cute - you always make me laugh - you should advertise on your blog - so many visitors!

The Garrison's said...

it's official...OPEN MOUTH, DROOLY, MILKY, BABY KISSES ARE THE BEST! I love em! Fun to see yall at Chris Madrids!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Labels

Blog Archive