1. Ryan gets his tubes on Saturday at 8am. I'm more nervous about the fact he can't eat after midnight. In the mornings, if Ryan could talk, he'd say "Leave me alone, I'm starving." (said in the voice of Chris Farley)
2. If you guys could keep Rod's mom in your prayers. She had a heart cath done today and they found extensive blockage in one of her arteries. So, they had to put a stent in. She's in the hospital for two days. Then, I believe she's good to go! We're so grateful they found this blockage before it was too late.
3. Ryan's a FOOD LOVER! Definitely takes after his mom and dad. He's been eating anything and everything we put in front of him. Blueberries seem to be his favorite. I tried bananas, but he can't pick them up off the tray. They stick so he moves on to the next things. I'll make mini pancakes (in the microwave) for him, and a few extra for me. I bought a massive bag of mixed frozen veggies that consists of little shreds of carrots, peas, corn, and beans. I think he likes all the colors and shapes on his tray.
4. I failed to mention a while back that Ryan decided he say "dada" first. Actually, soon after he started the last round of antibiotics (for ear infections), he's been saying lots of things. I think he's able to hear now. And, loves to hear himself. It is such a difference from what he was doing before.
5. Rod and I went to the Spurs game last night to help promote organ donation! It was nice to talk to donor families and recipients. Be sure you discuss your options with your family! REGISTER TO BE A DONOR!!!! As we were walking out of the game, a guy grabbed my arm and said that he remembered me from high school. I had a puzzled look and he said, word for word, "I'm the only Clark alum who has been on American Idol." I still didn't have a clue, but thought "what an achievement." He told us to look on Youtube. So, when we got home, we looked him up. Feel free to check it out.
6. My dear friend Casey made an amazing Japanese dinner for a few of us on Saturday night! I can EASILY say that her Japanese food was some of the best I've ever had. She made edemame, tuna and seaweed salad, beef skewers with a peanut sauce, potstickers, and a yummy roll. Can't remember the name of it.
7. I got some MUCH NEEDED sister-time on Sunday. Free of Lola and Ryan. Jenny met me for some coffee, then we went SHOPPING, then for some sushi! It was fun and much appreciated. Love you Jenn.
8. I'm going to confess something...I'm NOT a fan of Ryan's haircut. When I really look at it, it's HORRIBLE. I've got to find a "new lady" for him. He's still precious and beautiful in my eyes, but come on....admit it. He looks like a little Amish boy. The look I specifically asked her not to do to him. I wanted him to still look a little raggedy.
9. I wish we were in Colorado with Ryan's cousins. Who by the way, just were dedicated. Refer to the Arnold blog for the video!
10. I get to see my Ohio family in April. I'll be in Michigan for a work thing, then will drive to Ohio to see my grandpa, cousins and grandma. Hope I get to see everyone this visit. If not, I'll definitely be seeing them in July. But, I'm going to make it work. I need my AUNTIE-HUG. She's the best hugger ever.
background
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
Blog Archive
- September (1)
- June (2)
- May (2)
- March (2)
- February (2)
- January (2)
- December (3)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (3)
- August (8)
- July (9)
- June (4)
- May (5)
- April (4)
- March (5)
- February (1)
- January (3)
- December (1)
- November (4)
- October (3)
- September (3)
- August (4)
- July (4)
- June (1)
- May (3)
- April (4)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (3)
- December (5)
- November (5)
- October (4)
- September (6)
- August (9)
- July (8)
- June (7)
- May (5)
- April (5)
- March (3)
- February (4)
- January (10)
- December (6)
- November (7)
- October (11)
- September (7)
- August (7)
- July (7)
- June (6)
- May (8)
- April (5)
- March (9)
- February (8)
- January (12)
- December (8)
- November (12)
- October (9)
- September (10)
- August (15)
- July (16)
- June (5)
- May (6)
- April (7)
- March (4)
- February (4)
- January (5)
- December (7)
- November (10)

3 comments:
I will be praying for Ryan's tubes on Saturday. He just seems to be so happy and content, I bet he'll do just fine. I can't believe he is talking already...
Count me in for some prayers, too! He'll do great and will be so happy that he has them...tubes are way cooler than ear infections!!
I remember the Clark - American Idol. Jim was so proud :)
no way with the clark guy. i totally remember him from school. i think he was natalie's age. wow.
glad the tubes went well!! i bet he will be saying...shhh everyone is so loud!
we are thinking and praying for millie!!
bummed i missed the sister time. i always am in need of my sisters. glad y'all have each other so close:)
im sure his hair is fine jess!!
Post a Comment