background

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Simon Didn't Say....

Ryan and I played "Simon Says". This is where he lost. I said "hands up" without saying "simon says". Boooya! Mom 1, Ryan 0.

Then, we played "Twister". In our game of Twister, colors aren't needed.

Today, we met with a physical therapist for his "tiltedness". She said that he has a VERY mild case of it. There is just a little stretching that we need to do. She showed me where he's more resistent when turning one way, versus the other. She taught me a few exercises...fun ones too.
Ryan played on the "therapy mat" where he crawled, did his London Bridge, and his favorite...the crawl to sit position. The PT lady was quite impressed with RT, and seems to think he'll probably walk before he masters his crawl. Ryan asked me to brag...she said he is developmentally "advanced". He blushed.



12 comments:

court garrison said...

Oh of course he is advanced...little cutie. Look at how big he is...what a crawl/stand thing he does! Very impressive Mr. Tootle. I'm rooting for you Lil Ry...you can beat Mommy next time you play! :)

The Grays said...

such a big boy!! his advancedness is the result of stellar parenting, no doubt!

Meg McCool said...

ummm are you even one bit shocked that a tootle would be "developmentally advanced"...come on!

Nicole Svendsen said...

Which way does he tilt? Siena tilts to the left--which is common in reflux babies I hear

Anonymous said...

I love every bit of his tiltedness. STOP the therapy!!!

Andrea Cole said...

So glad it's a mild case. So is Chloe's but she does not like her stretches - hopefully Ryan will do better. Singing Christmas songs in funny voices seems to help! Let's be thankful we live now and not 50 years ago when our kiddos would grow up being lopsided their whole lives!

boo and stacy said...

A walker before a crawler huh? WOW I think I remember Brooke Gibson did that as a kid and she is now a doctor. My nephew is so smart and talented!! Dr. Tootle!

Martha said...

Of course he's advanced. He's a Rootle!!!

Pam said...

O what a big boy. Are you sure he wasn't saying "So BIG" I keep saying that to him.

Love the Tootle crawl.

Seems like I said a long time ago he was advanced. He studies everything in everyroom. Give him a test, I'll bet he can tell you what and where everything is in the den. He knows exactly where his picture is. He looks at that first to make sure I don't take it down.

Kthed said...

He'll be taking Medical Terminology with Mrs. Whatshername (I never can remember) before you know it like his mommy!

Woods Family said...

Jess - I did not realize that I did not have you as "a friend" on my link portion of the blog - I added Ryan! He is SOOOO precious! He is ADVANCED - Who knows at 7 months how to play TWISTER? And his talented and creative crawling is UNIQUE! He is a precious monkey! - gina

Anonymous said...

I can see we are going to be really good pals, you love bending over with your bum in the air ready for action

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Labels

Blog Archive