Looks like his mom is a little lazy with the snaps.
Ryan's boombox.
He LOVES to play with his CD player. That's right. My boy is pimpin'. He gotta stereo in da crib.
Those fun moments today, in his Smurf pj's, ended up with an inhaler and an ear infection. Ryan is wheezing, has an ear infection, allergic rhinitis, possible asthma, eczema, a tilted head, yeast infection, runny nose, and a horrible cough. I just called the doc about his cough.Needless to say, the doctor's visit was no fun. I had to hold a mask on Ryan's face for THREE MINUTES while a breathing machine gave him Abuterol. It was awful, and Ryan wanted NOTHING of it. Then, after that ordeal, the doc had to show me how to give him his inhaler (I could have just called a Kruger). Ryan wanted nothing of the little mask either. He gave the doc and I a look as to say, "I want nothing to do with you two."
So, I'm home with a Walgreens receipt for Aveeno lotion, Amoxicillin, inhaler, steroids, three syringes, oatmeal, prunes (forgot to add constipated above), and a Digorno's pizza (yes, from Walgreens...a lifesaver).





9 comments:
oh my goodness...what happened? Poor Ryan. I am praying for his health tonight before I go to bed. He sure seems happy in the pictures though.
I feel for you. I once had to give Christian a treatment for 1 hour. ONE HOUR! I did a double take when the Resp. therapist told me that too. It was during an ER visit. Luckily the little guy fell asleep. His first treatments were a battle.
We have been to the ER 3 times, hospital stays 2 were needed for 2 of those. We have breathing treatments everynight now. But the good/bad news is he has gotten used to it. I put on a video and the little mask goes over his face. The treatments now are about 15 mins total.
Hang in there Momma....you are doing great.
Take care,
Teri (Auntie Tal's friend)
P.S. I'm available to chat about having an asthma kid (I have one and I was one)
He's just like you were. Always laid back whatever the situation. Maybe not happy about it but he really is a good little guy for all he's had to go through. Loved the cute pictures above the description of his day.
Poor thing...how did he get all that? And how are you holding up? I'm sure you're not getting much sleep. So sorry...and hope he feels better soon!
That settles it! He must be related to Kim!!!
Hang in there Mommy! We have and will all go thru "sick" phases with our little ones. It's hard, I know...
Rod was a little older when he started his breathing treatments. I had to mix them myself and I remember him saying, "No puffer, mommy, no puffer!" They do get used to it.....something like the car seat.....they learn it's not going away.
Aw, I can so comiserate with the kid. If he does have asthma maybe he and I can have some special time together when I get there (note: I'm gonna get that special time anyway).
Remember Lord of the Flies? Asthmar? Hope little Ryan is going to be ok.
Love you - see you soon!
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm you bend over with your bum in the air like that in a few years time you are going to be my favourite boy
Post a Comment