Ryan and I invited ourselves to Courtney and Brian's neighborhood pool. Now, when I think of a typical "neighborhood pool", I think of broken lawn chairs, ant piles, chipped tiles, bathrooms with bees waiting to attack, and a warm (human made) baby pool. That's the description of the neighborhood pool that we grew up at. And, WE stacy, jenny and kim) LOVED IT...our parents would drop us off there in the morning, and pick us up in time for dinner. We'd call our moms collect on the pay phone, and then the moms would "not accept" the call. That call would tell them we were ready to be picked up.


This neighborhood pool trip...........Ryan and I were swimming with the rich kids! Wooooowee! This place was unbelievable. The bathrooms are air-conditioned with sink faucets that still fascinate me. We had pool-side service too!!! It was great. Definitely felt like we were on vacation! Court, I'm ready when you are! Except, maybe we leave the kiddos and layout IN the adult pool. That's right, you can set your lawn chair in the water.

8 comments:
We are all swimmin with the rich kids.. HA! How do we ever end up at places like that!!!??? Cannot wait to go back! Those boys are SO stinkin cute!
Court--I assume you're talking about Ryan and Matthew!!
Jess--I bet that pay phone doesn't get used much anymore. all the kids have cell phones now.
Can I come next time, too?!?!
NO WAY! I love it. You know, you just helped me think of something (maybe 2 things) for my little known facts. Stay tuned, I SWEAR i'll update the blog tomorrow.
Ryan, are you growing up before nama gets home??? Wait for me.
Jess, glad you have good memories or the swimming days. We (MOMs) usually were at the pool too, on floats in the deep end.
Actually, Jess, I remember somebody's mom with a long blond ponytail doing flips off the diving board (or was it just cartwheels?)
I want to visit the rich kid pool too! We don't have any friends with pools over here!
Oh my gosh...what a fun trip to the pool! Ryan is just soooooo cute!
Post a Comment