background

Saturday, September 10, 2011

We're Gearing Up!!

Guess who was asked to be on a soccer team (before even seeing his skills). I assume the team didn't hear his (previously posted) comment "When I join the soccer team, I'm going to play basketball." Ryan went to sports camp all summer so we THINK he knows a little about the game. My coaching was as follows:
-Ryan, mom played one season of soccer when she was 8, so she knows a little about the game
-your job is to get the ball in the net without touching it with your hands.
I felt so good about this coaching. Simple and easy for a four year old to comprehend. Rod then proceeded that its important to know which net to kick it into because there are two. Oh yes.

We've missed the first game, haven't attended any practices and our first game is tomorrow. I don't know what the team color is either. What am i getting myself into?!?!? Should be an interesting day tomorrow. Now, to throw a wrench in these wheels that are in motion, he's been running a fever the last few days. He's acting totally fine but just running a fever.






After trying several extra-small shin guards that went above his knees, we finally found the "pee wee" pair! Perfect and cheap!





Rod got a lesson in trying shoes on kids. Fortunately, his was not as pricey as my multiple lessons have been in the past. I'm now teacher.

We're so excited about him playing soccer. Ryan was on my lap and I asked if he was excited to be on a soccer team. His reply, "Does this mean I'm a big kid now?" Yep, big kid. He then said "Does this mean I'm not four anymore?" Nope, your still four. But, also a soccer player!!!!







Very excited for the pictures to come. One of the coaches was a previous college player. We're going to rock it!






Love,
A soccer mom!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Lisa Johnson said...

You will be such a cute soccer mom! I love that Ryan is playing soccer. That will be so fun and too cute. Caroline is playing too. Maybe they will run into each other at a game one day. Not literally! Ha!

Pam said...

O I can't wait. He is for sure a sports kind of kid. Very coordinated.
Ryan, Your Nama and Mimi will be your biggest fans.
Your mom was a good player. I'll show you some pictures. :)
See you sunday.

Wencked said...

Welcome to the world of the soccer mom. I was one for a very short lived season last spring. Christian wanted nothing to do with soccer this fall.....we are now on to karate.

Ryan should do great with the soccer genes he has. Aunt TT was a great goalie!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Labels

Blog Archive