background

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Seven on Sunday

1. First a few administrative things to take care of: Nama's diva birthday month has started and I am loving that she is finally having time for herself. Resting, refocusing, and pampering her adorable self. Secondly, my neicey-poo just graduated from her preschool program. So, if you see her in the halls, tell her congratulations. Jenny arrived home safe and sound from Haiti. Now she's in Seattle, falling in love with Rod and I's favorite city. Now, Seven on Sunday.

2. I'm a proud owner of an iPad!!! Fun surprise from the husband! I head to Denver this week, and Chicago in August (for work) and can't get over how this device makes the idea of traveling sound like so much fun!!! Send me your app suggestions!!! So far, I'm loving my Paprika, Words, photo editor and best of all... The Beth Moore study, I'm doing right now, has an iPad application!!!! I can fill out my workbook, watch her videos and click on a Bible verse all at the same time.

3. Speaking of Bible study... I have the most amazing women that I'm Breaking Free with. No, truly. They are the sweetest women. I found the most trusting, caring and open hearts in these gals. Thank you!!! Example: study is from 7pm to 9pm. We don't finish until about 11:30pm.... Or until at least two or more husbands have texted asking when we'll be home, and/or "do you know what time it is?"

4. Peekinourworld.com made me think to post this... Ryan is getting more and more tiny, faint freckles on his face. They are adorable!!!! He just gets more and more like me!!

5. Samuel was referred for Speech therapy. We had our first meeting to get all the insurance info and other details ironed out before the actual evaluation. Since that needless meeting, he's started spitting out all sorts of words. We can now add to this baby book: cheese, milk, thank you, all done, yayan (Ryan), Lola, doddy (doggy). another note on Samuel, he officially has asthma. I asked If we were just talking about seasonal, allergy type asthma. Nope. Rod passed down his childhood asthma (assuming and hoping it's just childhood) to the little toot. We're back on the two inhalers for a few days and then will maintain him on one, daily.

6. One of our favorite things to do in the car is run through everyone's names as we sing, "there's a Nama in my tummy. So yummy. So yummy." "there's a Lola in my tummy. So yummy. So yummy." Which turns into the boyish "there's a poo poo in my tummy..." (which isn't actually totally wrong.

7. Ryan has A Fish out of Water memorized. It was one of my favorite books as a kid. We've also been reading children books on my nifty iPad at night. Ryan's FAVORITE. Mine too.

Have a restful Sunday. We may hit the pool to work on our freckles.

5 comments:

boo and stacy said...

Sue is my freckle gal! They are so sweet on little ones faces! LOVE that you got an ipad cuz of that ol Skype app! The kids books look so cute. Samuel must have over heard the insurance speech meeting! Answer to prayer with your gals group! Thank you to all of them, from me! Love that you have them:)

'There's a party in my tummy so yummy!!'

Pam said...

Lets have a diva day together this month.

Lets have an ipad day too.

mimi tootle said...

THST'S why he said he had Mimi in his tommy. I thought he was just being funny.

mimi tootle said...

Sorry about spelling...can't find my computer glasses...:(

Nicole Svendsen said...

yea!!! So excited to see Ryan again--its been forever! And the Solace kids will still be here too.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Labels

Blog Archive