background

Monday, May 16, 2011

My FOUR Year Old

My little man is now FOUR years old.  For some reason, I've forgotten about birthday #3, but birthday #2 is very clear to me.  What I do know about #3, is that it was last minute, meet me at Sonterra, boy only, evite invitation type birthday... we were moving that following week, and I was out of my mind.  Mimi took care of the cake for me, thank you dear Lord for that amazingly generous woman!  So, I made sure that this birthday, he got his birthday hats, candles, fire (for the candles), presents and cake! 

Ryan, as many of you know, LOVES him a good birthday party.  He just wants to celebrate, bounce around and eat icing.  I knew I had to make this birthday special for him b/c next year I may get my first, "Mom, just don't embarrass me."  Okay, so that's a little drastic, but sort of having a hard time with him growing up so fast!

I want to share four random facts about Ryan as a brand new four year old!
1.  In the first three days of being a four year old, he has had his first bout of diarrhea!  I blame the candy and icing on the cake for his tummy trouble.
2.  Thomas the Tank Engine (and friends) and Cars are "so yesterday".  Hello super heroes, Transformers and monster trucks.  The Lord is good, indeed.  (Thomas about put me over the edge). 
3.  He still lets me dress him in whatever I want.  As long as I say his new shoes are "fast", or the shirt is "like daddy's" he's game. 
4.  He's still our petite, little toot, with a gi-normous smile and laugh.  When he laughs, he laughs with his whole body, right through to my heart.  Awe!

Everyday, I get to laugh because of something he says or does.  Everyday, I get to snuggle with him.  Everyday, I go from wanting to disown him during his fits, to seconds later vowing I'll never let him leave the nest.  First thing every morning, I get one of the tightest hugs from him.  Lovin' my little toot!  Happy 4th birthday to one of the sweetest, most adorable kids! 

3 comments:

boo and stacy said...

Awe I love this Jess....he is getting so old. 4 is old. Love that he is over the Thomas and onto the super heros!! Love you Ryan! My favorite 4 year old boy!!!!!!

Pam said...

Never know how sad this Nama is to have missed his last two birthdays. Thanks so much for sending me pictures right before the party. It put a patch over the aching heart. :)
He is a special little toot.
Guess I'll have to pack up the "over" toys at my house and get in the swing of the latest toys.

Anonymous said...

looking forward to our annual bday bedtime fun although we suck each other all the time now bdays are still special

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Labels

Blog Archive