It's been a while since I've gushed over, bragged about or shared funny stories about the boys. It's time for an update. I read my friends' blogs about their sweet babies, and all the fun milestones reached. I soon realized that I'm not documenting my kiddos milestones. And, frankly I feel like I miss some of them too as life seems to be flying by. So, here we go:
Ryan:
A few funny things he's said lately,
"Samuel, I'm cross with you." (no idea)
"Jesus has a bike." (Said when I informed him that Jesus doesn't need a car).
"Mama, it's not Christmas anymore." (said in hopes I might just say, "yes it is")
"I want ice cream. Mama, I love you." (I'm onto him)
"No nap for Ryan. Right Mama?" (on weekends. So, I just tell him he doesn't have to nap, he just has to go lie down for a bit...he bites everytime).
He recently moved up to the 3B classroom. "Letti's class" He's so happy to be in "Letti's class" that he'll ask me every morning if he'll be going to "Letti's class" (said in a needing-a-confirmatory-yes kind of way). I love the classroom. He fits in there well, and is actually NAPPING again.
He does NOT like it when Samuel plays with his toys. We're definitely in the drudges of fighting over toys. I hear it gets worse. I love being a mom. I love being a mom. I love being a mom...
Samuel (nicknamed: Pig Pen):
The kid got tubes, got his first hair cut, and is full on walking! I did remember (to remember) when he started walking. And, the answer to that is at 13 months! He doesn't nap well at school, and is a heavy napper at home on the weekends. We get home from work/school around 5:30, and he's in bed by 6:30 and will sleep until 7:30pm. He is one ACTIVE (I love being a mom. I love being a mom. I love being a mom...) child, that is often attachiish. (I'm making that a word). Ryan is my independent, leave me alone, let me play with my toys, and watch t.v. kind of kid. And, when he does want to be around me, he wants to snuggle. How great! Right?!
Well, Round 2 is a different story. Always wants me around (or Rod), doesn't want to snuggle, doesn't want to play with toys, wants to play with all things non-toy, toxic looking. We'll pick him up from school, and I seriously think I see a cloud of dust around him. He plays hard, he plays well, but the second we're home, we're fighting to shovel food down him, and get him to bed before he massively melts down.
Now, I LOVE this kiddo with all my heart. He can flash you a killer smile, say "giggleleee" with the best of them, and loves people. But, there are just times when I question if the kid is for real. Is he?
We were recently started on an inhaler that he'll have to take twice a day for three months. I love being a mom. I love being a mom. I love being a mom... I'm horrible at remembering to give him meds. Fortunately, we just finished a separate inhaler, antibiotic, ear drops and a steroid.
2010 was a year of growing, learning and handling what life threw my way. So, for 2011 I said that I'm going to take what I've learned in 2010 (through my amazing mentor, Bible studies, other books, prayer, amazing women surrounding me) and continue to grow while doing my best to slow down life and LIVE it with breath. I'm going to take more opportunities to sit back and take deep breaths! (after 6:30pm)
background
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
Blog Archive
- September (1)
- June (2)
- May (2)
- March (2)
- February (2)
- January (2)
- December (3)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (3)
- August (8)
- July (9)
- June (4)
- May (5)
- April (4)
- March (5)
- February (1)
- January (3)
- December (1)
- November (4)
- October (3)
- September (3)
- August (4)
- July (4)
- June (1)
- May (3)
- April (4)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (3)
- December (5)
- November (5)
- October (4)
- September (6)
- August (9)
- July (8)
- June (7)
- May (5)
- April (5)
- March (3)
- February (4)
- January (10)
- December (6)
- November (7)
- October (11)
- September (7)
- August (7)
- July (7)
- June (6)
- May (8)
- April (5)
- March (9)
- February (8)
- January (12)
- December (8)
- November (12)
- October (9)
- September (10)
- August (15)
- July (16)
- June (5)
- May (6)
- April (7)
- March (4)
- February (4)
- January (5)
- December (7)
- November (10)

7 comments:
loving your posts. i used to think your boys "looked just alike"..now for get about it. They are super cute each in their own way.
Aren't the 2nd rounds so fun and exhausting all at the same time. They find things to do that #1 never dreamed of.
Loved your blog and LOVE you!!! XOXOX
awe...you're a great mom Jess, and I love being a mom with you! and i still crack up when you call him pig pen. that is just hilarious!!!
We were just discussing yesterday what a great mom you are, and how so many people turn to you for advice--including us grandmoms! Keep on keeping on, Jess. You're doing a great job!
you make me smile and laugh. And it sounds just like my mom. She has always said, if I had been the first child, there would not have been a second one. LOL The oldest always seems to play well by themselves, but the second child has to be "entertained". Good luck, you're doing great, keep it up.
I love being a MIMI, I love being a MIMI....
You are such a great mom. Love your posts about those sweet boys.
Post a Comment