background

Thursday, May 13, 2010

"R" Ryyyyyyan!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYAN!!!!!  "R" is his favorite letter!  He asked for the letter to be on his cake.  So, for his school celebration, I made cupcakes with the letter "R" out of his favorite candy....b/c I have a KING sized bag of M&Ms.  They're not EXACTLY how I pictured them, but they'll do.  I apologize now to Ryan's teachers who have to wrestle the children after devouring these.

Can you even tell they are "R"s?

I tried. 

Here's my cupcake run-down:
1st birthday - a dear friend baked and made the cupcakes and icing from scratch, I decorated each cupcake creatively, and used multiple colors of icing on each cupcake.  Bought two cupcake stands to display my masterpiece.
2nd birthday - no urge to commit to 1st birthday project, so I spent too much money on professionally done cupcakes.  Note:  not cute, but tasted delicious.
3rd birthday - had some cake mix, white icing and a big bag of M&Ms.  Displayed on a cookie sheet.  Oh, and these are going to his school. 

Ryan, I apologize now for your 4th birthday cupcakes.

8 comments:

Kira Willingham said...

totally knew they were "R"'s! The are adorable as are you and the big three year old they were made for!! I'm thinking the 3 year olds in his class are gonna LOVE them!!

The Blevins' said...

i think they are precious and they will be so tasty. way to go mom. And you are introducing him early to the huge cupcake rage. Way to go.

Wencked said...

Don't be hard on yourself mom...you have put forth more effort on Ryan's 3 than I have on the 5 of my boys...I always buy cake :)

Melanie Flinn said...

Kids don't care what they look like (and they happen to be cute anyway!)- all that matters if they taste like sugar.

Nicole Svendsen said...

yes, you can totally tell they are "R's" nice work jessica--i store bought for Sawyer this year.

Pam said...

Job well done Mom. They look darling really. Well anything with M&M's on them are the best as far as I'm concerned.

mimi tootle said...

I agree..........M&Ms on crackers can be really good. Sweet-salty. I know he loved them. He knew they were Rs and it was finally HIS BIRTHDAY!!

Anonymous said...

a) look like perfect "R"s!
b) you look gorgeous, love your pouty face

Happy Birthday R!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Labels

Blog Archive