background

Monday, June 29, 2009

If You Don't Want to Melt, We Try the Following

You have to get creative with temps being in the 100s. Today, my car read 109 degrees. So, the Tootles choose their options carefully. EVERYTHING outside is HOT, HOT, HOT. I seriously think this is the HOTTEST summer I've ever experienced.

Here are a few of cooling activities. Try them:


1. We try different ways of eating popcorn.

We'll try anything to beat the heat.

2. Work on our "cheese" faces for the camera.

3. Eat popcorn as fast as we can, before the pregnant momma eats it all.

3. Play-doh time!!! But, first we go through each tool, and be sure that momma can see it. Hold it way out there.

Way out there.

4. Try playing with play-doh without mushing it up, or getting your hands dirty. Make momma mush it up, and roll it out for you.

5. Play-doh is a serious sport. So, we use total concentration.


6. Again, trying to keep our hands clean.






7. Swimming with Nama!!! (aka. Nema now that we're big Nemo fans). We love swimming with Mimi too, but unfortunately momma forgets to pull out the camera there. I guess its the total relaxation feel from the amazing pool/backyard.
8. We CHILL. And, work on our "Big Kahuna" personalities.
Ryan, that's a good "Big Kahuna". Doing the Chesley-chuckle with it! Nice!

9. When chilling out, you can stop working on your bubbles. No, Ryan. Seriously. You can stop now.

10. We work on getting sores on our knees, and toes as we (Ryan) get in and out of the pool 500 billion times. Note Ryan's new pals...Dora and Boots. Here's where I need you to keep a secret....we lost Turner and Felipe at a restaurant last week. Shhhh. Please don't tell Ryan. He hasn't figured it out yet.
11. We give the paps the "hand". Talk to it!


12. We hog all our snacks from the other kids in the baby pool. Don't share. It's too hot. ;)

10 comments:

Carlee Brian said...

so cute.. i swear he is getting cuter every day!!! so big!!

boo and stacy said...

TOO CUTE! The big kahuna pic is hilarious! Belly and all! His little eyes say so much in each picture. i just love it! the popcorn is fun too! whatever daddy does, I want to do!!!!

court garrison said...

OH Toots - you are precious and sweet...and beautiful and we cannot wait to play with you on Friday! We LOVE LOVE "pay doh" at our house too!

The Blevins' said...

hilarious!! I appreciate all of the pictures. I especially love the cross bones on his floaties...he is one serious dude!! Can't wait till you find out tomorrow!!

Shelly said...

Great play dough pics...the colors are so vibrant! I love that he doesn't like to get his hands dirty. I know that will change someday...and then he'll come in the house covered in dirt. Fun!! Your prego pic is awesome too. You look so great Miss 19 weeks. Are you going to find out what you're having?? I will keep checking the blog to see if you do! So exciting!

The Grays said...

looks like y'all are finding lots of ways to stay cool! Is tomorrow the big day? I can't wait to hear!!!

Kira Willingham said...

I am melting just looking at this post! Baby Toot is so cute! I can't wait for Baby Toot # 2!!

Ashley and Matt Sheehan said...

uhm I freakin love it and think you are hilllllllllllllllarious..can't stop smiling and laughing.

Melanie Flinn said...

SO stinking cute!

Nicole Svendsen said...

ryan may be an Olympic swimmer by next summer with as much pool time as he is getting:)

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Labels

Blog Archive