So, the day is coming, whether I allow it or not. Our sweet boy will be two on Thursday. And, I must say that I'm REALLY struggling with this more than I thought. Here are a few reasons:
-He now laughs like a kid, and not like a baby.
-He even cries like a kid, and not like a baby.
-When I drop him off at school, he no longer cries for me.
-When I pick him up from school, he no longer RUNS IN TO MY ARMS. It's more like, "Hey Mom. What's up? Here's the drumset I banged on all day."
-His feet stink...I'm dreading puberty.
-While this one is my favorite, it also makes me realize his age...he converses with me.
-He'll tell me "okay" when I ask him to get his shoes, drink his milk, or bring mommy a diaper (not that he always follows through).
-He wants to be outside more than anything, but MUST have a ball to take out there.
-He thinks the T.V. is his (this is hard for me because it's MINE).
-He knows all of his family members' names, even the dogs'.
-My biggest fear is when he'll stop snuggling with me. But, do not fret, we're still snuggling and loving on each other. I hope that never goes away. I pray for the second child to be a snuggler. Helps complete my days.
So, all in all, I would say that Ryan is your average two year old kid. Yes, I can deal with it, and I will. I love you, sweet boy! I hope you always find joy in the small things (i.e. a balled up gum wrapper that was totally a tiny ball to you), and never be afraid to hug and kiss your mama in public!
background
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
Blog Archive
- September (1)
- June (2)
- May (2)
- March (2)
- February (2)
- January (2)
- December (3)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (3)
- August (8)
- July (9)
- June (4)
- May (5)
- April (4)
- March (5)
- February (1)
- January (3)
- December (1)
- November (4)
- October (3)
- September (3)
- August (4)
- July (4)
- June (1)
- May (3)
- April (4)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (3)
- December (5)
- November (5)
- October (4)
- September (6)
- August (9)
- July (8)
- June (7)
- May (5)
- April (5)
- March (3)
- February (4)
- January (10)
- December (6)
- November (7)
- October (11)
- September (7)
- August (7)
- July (7)
- June (6)
- May (8)
- April (5)
- March (9)
- February (8)
- January (12)
- December (8)
- November (12)
- October (9)
- September (10)
- August (15)
- July (16)
- June (5)
- May (6)
- April (7)
- March (4)
- February (4)
- January (5)
- December (7)
- November (10)

5 comments:
The header pic is PRICELESS! You are getting SO good with that camera!!!!
Laughing at you picking him up and him saying, hey, this is the drum set I have been playing with all day. I can totally see it!!!
Cats out of the bag with baby number 2!!!
:o)
Growing, Growing, put a brick on his head. Wait, it's just going to fast. TWO? Where did the time go?? What a precious two year old he is.
crazy how time flies - he sounds like such a fun kid!!
Where DID the time go??? I LOVE this post! He is so sweet - I so know all the things you are talking about and I am SICK that I have not written down basically ANYTHING in the last year! What a special year it is/was - isn't it???
I am crying already at the thought of 3 (still have time). Tell Ryan happy happy birthday from his blog friends Lucas and family. I hope he has a great celebration.
Post a Comment