background

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Enough about Ryan...

...Mom got a girls' weekend getaway to Austin! I went with some of my most favorite gals in the world...and, some of the FUNNIEST! Brooke, I've known since I was three. I met Rachel in 1st grade, and Jennifer and Marisa in 6th grade.

First stop on our trip was to Hamilton Pool! Isn't it amazing?! Pictures don't do it justice (they never do).
Brooke and Marisa


Jenn and Rachel


Then, we headed to the Four Seasons for appetizers and drinks. We sat outside on some lake. It was downtown Austin, so whatever lake that is, we sat by it. Note the GI-NORMOUS rolls on the table. The food was fabulous!

Brooke, in all her sweetness!


Marisa and I playing with my camera. Love you Ris.



Jennifer. Love this pic of her.
Pregnant self and all, went out to a bar/club after we had apps/drinks. Applause, applause. I was dog-tired, but didn't want to miss an opportunity to hang out with the girls. So, we shlepped ourselves to SpeakEasys and got to sit on the rooftop, on pillows/cushions...PERFECT. They had an 80s band playing...."Shock to the heart, and you're too late." These guys had the hair, outfits, everything....they're hanging on to it all. Tech support by day, and a rockin' 80s band by night!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Looks like such a fun weekend, I wish I could have come down. Rachel, rock that bod girl, I'm jealous! And how fun that I was with Ris when she bought that shirt - I actually feel like a part of it somehow :)

Love my girls! Can't wait to hopefully see everyone in July!

The Grays said...

how fun!!!

Melanie Flinn said...

Looks like a great time! Please tell me Rachael doesn't have kids?

Melissa said...

Isn't austin great?! You were sitting by Lady Bird Lake, formerly (and still known by locals) as Town Lake. Did yall see the bats fly from under the Congress bridge at sunset?
Do you remember the name of the 80's band? Our friend is the lead singer of one..."OJ and the Broncos". :)

Melissa said...

nevermind. my friends band is a 90's cover band....duh. OJ.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Labels

Blog Archive