
Rod and I were invited to an event with lots of San Antonio flare. We're still not 100% sure what it was we went to. We believe it was the the inauguration of the new el Ray Feo. And, that's about all I got on the event. What I can say is that the evening was VERY lavishly decorated, the women were all in long gowns (wammie #1), tables covered in immaculate linens, and well it was just all a hint excessive...we fit right in. :)
The center piece supposedly had sugar water in it. You're supposed to mix it with some kind a liquor that was on the table. Rod and I were so thirsty from the hour long socializing before the dinner, that we started pouring ourselves some water...wammie #2.
Wammie #3...At one point, we were talking to a very beautiful lady, having NO IDEA she was the Queen of Fiesta. I think she's the Queen of Fiesta. It just hurts me that I don't know more about the Fiesta culture in San Antonio. I celebrate with the best of them during Fiesta Week, but had NO IDEA of the deep rooted culture that goes behind it. Pretty neat. 
4 comments:
O that's OK we all learn from wammies. I'm still learning. Looks like fun. You'll have to tell me all about it when I get home.
Viva San Antonio!
Felicidaciones Nueve El Rey Feo!
Great dress, Jess!! Looks like you had fun despite the sugar water. There should have been instructions!
You are beautiful Jess! And when the heck did our boys get so big?!!?
Post a Comment