background

Monday, September 01, 2008

I Must have Slept through Gustav


Only a hurricane could do what was done to the Tootle Residence. Here's what I'm turning in to the insurance company:

1. Four magnets spread over the kitchen floor, and two in the master bathroom.
2. Three puzzle boards, with only five pieces found.
3. At least two clothing hangers in each room????
4. Two piles of laundry
5. SEVERAL piles of clothes to put away.
6. Book covers throughout Ryan's room with the books in the living room.
7. Three pairs of size 4 shoes, minus their mates, in the master bedroom.
8. Two computer cords not in their drawer.
9. A cranky wife and mom...I'll get over this soon, don't worry.
10. Tupperware amongst the magnets, in the kitchen...really not the hurricane's fault. This is pretty much a staple. (I won't file this one).
11. A microwave that doesn't microwave anymore.
12. A blue slide in the dining room.
13. A good book that hasn't been read yet. :(
14. And, apparently, a child that has been declared a bio-hazard.


Say hello to our little hurricane!

9 comments:

The Grays said...

gosh, Gustav made the rounds...i think he hit our house, too - it's a wreck (not MY fault, of course)!

Pam said...

Well Ryan you always sing the song at nama's house. "Clean up clean up, everybody clean up" Clean up clean up, everybody clean up" and before you know it he picks everything up and puts it way in the toy box along with Nama. No Gustav here. Ummmm. Could be because I don't have a job. Ya think?

Kthed said...

That post made me smile! That was funny! :)

Anonymous said...

jess, you are so damn funny. Yes, I said it.

juju designs said...

I feel like that ALL of the time! Like they are saying on the news - its an active hurrican season. Apparently at all of our houses too. Got to love these busy babies.

Martha said...

Funny post, Jessica. You always make me laugh!!

Shelly said...

Nice damage report! By the sound of it, Gustav made its way to Minnesota too!! :-) And then there's hurricane Mom trying to clean it up every night...

boo and stacy said...

Gustav has not hit California yet, but DUSTavo sure has.

boo and stacy said...

bummer your microwave doesn't work.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Labels

Blog Archive