background

Thursday, June 05, 2008

The Heat is ON!


Rod's been working in the yard the past few weekends. He's building two retaining walls, and flower beds throughout the frontyard. It's going to look sooooo nice!

NOTE: there are two dead x-mas trees in our yard. SOME, lack of a better word, human being, put them there the day after bulk trash day. Here's my theory...a teenager's mom asked her kid to throw out the two trees that had been in their backyard for (apparently) two years. Since they missed the "bulk trash day", she was asked him take them to a dumpster before he "went out for the night". Instead, the kid decided to get rid of it in our yard. SOOOO FRUSTRATING! Rod had to find a dumpster to dump them in.
So, I've learned that taking a child from a nap, straight to a cold sprinkler pool (compliments of Auntie Jenny), is not always the best idea. He was so confused, and annoyed with us. On top of it, I made him play the "so big" game. He was gracious enough to play along.

It's been hot in San Antonio. For you Blackberry users....don't leave your blackberry outside all day in the Texas heat. And, another note, if you're going to close up your tailgate to your truck, make sure your overheated BB is not in the way. For all Rod's efforts in the yard, this happened. Yep. It combusted when he was trying to shut the tailgate to a friend's truck.

We had such a fun time with the Tootle side of the family. We don't get to visit with them often, but it's always nice to see them when we can. I got to meet a few new family members that were in town. I had a "moment" when I realized that all of these people were Ryan's blood relatives. I know that sounds silly, but I just loved it! His new sneakers. Apparently, Robeez don't protect against hot surfaces in the TEXAS HEAT!

Next week, I'll be in the Phoenix heat. :( CANNOT WAIT FOR OUR OHIO VACATION!

CONGRATULATIONS TO MY COUSIN's FAMILY!!! Carrington Taylor is their first baby girl! They have two precious boys. You can see how precious they are on The Cousins blog.

6 comments:

Pam said...

Wow Rod, good job. And by the way Happy Birthday. Sorry I missed it. I'll make up for it when I get home. The yard looks good.

Karrington is spelled with a K.

boo and stacy said...

I can't believe the blackberry. that is bad news.....

can't wait to see the finished yard!! way to go Rod! Pictures like that make me happy i am a girl. i would much rather play with ryan and the sprinkle pool!

stace

The Grays said...

nice landscaping!

Shelly said...

I must know where you found those shoes! They are too cute!!!

Erik said...

I love those little shoes...can't wait to see him again.

Anonymous said...

update please!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Labels

Blog Archive